• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

P-8 Selection

robav8r

None
Contributor
Early reports from some ASW flights this week during the MPRA ASW Rodeo with P-8 are VERY impressive. Not only do all of the systems "work" but they are obviously extremely reliable and showing sensor detection metrics way better than your "best of the best" AIP A/C. I envy anyone who is in the training pipeline and has an opportunity to fly P-8.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Early reports from some ASW flights this week during the MPRA ASW Rodeo with P-8 are VERY impressive. Not only do all of the systems "work" but they are obviously extremely reliable and showing sensor detection metrics way better than your "best of the best" AIP A/C. I envy anyone who is in the training pipeline and has an opportunity to fly P-8.

FWIW, the guys who have flown both the 60B/F and 60R are similarly impressed by the new mission systems.

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Definitely excited for functioning mission systems. Hell, ASW in the old warpig is fun when all our crap is FMC. Finding a plane that plays along like it's supposed to is another story....

Renegade One

None
New iron is always viewed as the sexy way to go. But in 20-25 years, it'd be cool to be one of the few guys/gals left wearing "P-3 ORION" patch on your flight jacket. So...assuming you're headed the VP route...which is very cool...don't hang your head if you get to fly a GREAT "legacy airplane" for your first tour. You will NEVER regret having the opportunity to have flown a classic aircraft...before you transition to the P-8. Cheers!

Fezz CB

"Spanish"
None
New iron is always viewed as the sexy way to go. But in 20-25 years, it'd be cool to be one of the few guys/gals left wearing "P-3 ORION" patch on your flight jacket. So...assuming you're headed the VP route...which is very cool...don't hang your head if you get to fly a GREAT "legacy airplane" for your first tour. You will NEVER regret having the opportunity to have flown a classic aircraft...before you transition to the P-8. Cheers!

AMEN!!! Our Strike Syndicate head (O-5) wears his nomex jacket to work every now and then. I didnt pay much attention until I saw the A-6 Intruder patch on his left shoulder. Talk about legacy.

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'm excited that I get to wear both patches and that I got to qualify TACCO in the P-3. I'm OK with flying the A model :)

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
Hopefully the P-8 patches aren't as god awful as the P-3 patches. I wear the German P-3 patch, mostly because ours look stupid, and are ginormous.

The Poseidon ones all the test guys have look pretty badass, and better yet: they're rationally-sized.

The P-8 ones the FIT guys are wearing? Eh. . .

Renegade One

None
Hopefully the P-8 patches aren't as god awful as the P-3 patches. I wear the German P-3 patch, mostly because ours look stupid, and are ginormous.
Y'know...this is America...it's not Afghanistan. Nothing says you can't design a newer P-3 patch and have 'em made up in leather or embroidered. I'm sure something pretty cool will come out during the P-3 "sunset" years...whenever that's to be. "Last of the 4-Engine Battlestars"...or something similar...

magnetfreezer

Y'know...this is America...it's not Afghanistan the Air Force. Nothing says you can't design a newer P-3 patch and have 'em made up in leather or embroidered. I'm sure something pretty cool will come out during the P-3 "sunset" years...whenever that's to be. "Last of the 4-Engine Battlestars"...or something similar...
Fixed that for you :cool:

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Y'know...this is America...it's not Afghanistan. Nothing says you can't design a newer P-3 patch and have 'em made up in leather or embroidered. I'm sure something pretty cool will come out during the P-3 "sunset" years...whenever that's to be. "Last of the 4-Engine Battlestars"...or something similar...

You're right, this is America. That's why I wear an imported patch with German engineering.