• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

P-8 Selection

Fezz CB

"Spanish"
None
RADMR? I think you mean RDML. But I got what you're saying. I wonder if selection for P-8 is the same for the NFOs, which was during Primary I last remember.

robav8r

None
Contributor
Met a few fellas from the first P-8A FRS class tonight during the MPRA symposium. VP-16 will be the first squadron to transition starting in June and the first group of Cat I Pilots, NFO's and AWO's are onboard and getting ready to start training. The P-8A is HERE !!!!!

Reconjoe

Supposedly the first primary selects for P8's were back in October of 2011 from VT-3....HOWEVER they found out about 2 weeks ago that even though their selection papers say P8, someone high up argued to keep that decision at the FRS level instead, so sounds like you just finish multi-engine training, head to JAX's and then they figure it out. Take this with a big grain of salt I'm just a Marine who likes gossip and doesn't understand it completely.

And A-Wing all the way...

draad

B-Wing is cool, but you're out of your mind if you'd take that over an x-wing-have you SEEN how LUXURIOUS the x-wing's cockpit is?

Fezz CB

"Spanish"
None
I got a chance to look through the developing Tech manual for P-8 on the high side. I got through about 10 pages before my first migraine.

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor
seems like y'all have moved on to other topics, but if anybody cares P-8's are selected out of advanced. That is straight from RADMR Sizemore.

http://doni.daps.dla.mil/secnav manuals1/5216.5.pdf

Admiral ADM
Vice Admiral VADM
Rear Admiral (Upper Half) RADM
Rear Admiral (Lower Half) RDML
Captain CAPT
Commander CDR
Lieutenant Commander LCDR
Lieutenant LT
Lieutenant Junior Grade LTJG
Ensign. ENS
Chief Warrant Officer CWO5/4/3/2
Warrant Officer. WO

Pistol719

Will Over Skill
pilot
Contributor
For what its worth I am really hoping for Maritime / P-8 out of Primary lol.. didn't expect my comment to throw it that off key lol

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
Met a few fellas from the first P-8A FRS class tonight during the MPRA symposium. VP-16 will be the first squadron to transition starting in June and the first group of Cat I Pilots, NFO's and AWO's are onboard and getting ready to start training. The P-8A is HERE !!!!!

When 16 returns we're up to bat after we come back from deployment in December. Interesting times in the community for sure.

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
web_120328-N-ZZ999-001.jpg

120328-N-ZZ999-001 JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (March 28, 2012) Vice Adm. Allen G. Myers, left, commander of Naval Air Forces, Adm. Mark Ferguson, Vice Chief of Naval Operations, Under Secretary of the Navy Robert O. Work, Jacksonville Mayor Alvin Brown, and Rear Adm. Michael W. Hewitt , commander of Patrol and Reconnaissance Group, pose for a photo after a ceremony to formally introduce the P-8A Poseidon into Patrol Squadron (VP) 30 at Naval Air Station Jacksonville. (U.S. Navy photo by Lt. Cmdr. Christopher Servello/Released)