• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

P-8 overshoots runway in K-Bay

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Fuuuuuccccck you can already see the corrosion

Which brings up a question I've had, just how many times has an aircraft that ended up in the ocean been repaired to fly again*? Has the Navy ever done that?

*Other than vintage/historic aircraft that have been rebuilt/restored from scratch?

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Which brings up a question I've had, just how many times has an aircraft that ended up in the ocean been repaired to fly again*? Has the Navy ever done that?

*Other than vintage/historic aircraft that have been rebuilt/restored from scratch?
I read that they are rebuilding the F-35 that went into the ocean a while back.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Which one?
My error, I dug the article up and the correct term was “salvage” not rebuild - a product of my failing memory. It was the one that crashed in the South China Sea.

IKE

Nerd Whirler
pilot

I have quite a few hours in this bird, 1-3 years after this event.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Reactions: IKE