• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

P-8 overshoots runway in K-Bay

robav8r

None
Contributor
Any update on the crew/PPC ? I “think” this is the first major mishap with the P-8 (could be wrong though).

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Any update on the crew/PPC ? I “think” this is the first major mishap with the P-8 (could be wrong though).
They’re uninjured. What other kind of “update“ would there be prior to the completion of the investigations and FNAEBs?

TacticalTater

None
Nope. Military mishaps aren’t deal breakers for the airlines… I know of several people who totaled airframes with AA employee numbers, as well as some at other airlines.
I guess I was referring more to the landing rather than disciplinary actions.

😉

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
I guess I was referring more to the landing rather than disciplinary actions.

😉

As was I… I’ve flown with dudes who’ve killed people in mishaps in .mil who fly airbuses now… There is an extreme forgiveness for military mishaps in airline hiring (at least since 2015) provided the mishap pilot can articulate lessons learned and now they grew.

On the other side of the coin, there’s a 0 defect mentality in the VP community and sliding off the end in a public spectacle is a great embarrassment. A 737 can land short field land on a wet runway less than 7k ft fairly well with max auto brakes so unless the board can find close to 100% aircraft systems failure with no pilot error as causal factors, this crew (at least the PPC and whoever was in the seat with them) is probably hosed career wise. Their best bet will be to pursue their aviation careers on the outside.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
As was I… I’ve flown with dudes who’ve killed people in mishaps in .mil who fly airbuses now… There is an extreme forgiveness for military mishaps in airline hiring (at least since 2015) provided the mishap pilot can articulate lessons learned and now they grew.

On the other side of the coin, there’s a 0 defect mentality in the VP community and sliding off the end in a public spectacle is a great embarrassment. A 737 can land short field land on a wet runway less than 7k ft fairly well with max auto brakes so unless the board can find close to 100% aircraft systems failure with no pilot error as causal factors, this crew (at least the PPC and whoever was in the seat with them) is probably hosed career wise. Their best bet will be to pursue their aviation careers on the outside.
Until CNAF is a VP guy, that community’s vibe towards mishaps isn’t particularly relevant.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Of course it is relevant to the future of the mishap aircrew. Community vibes will influence the career trajectory of the crew in question (FITREPs, orders etc).
Depends on their Skipper more than community vibes.

pilot_man

Ex-Rhino driver
pilot
Nope. Military mishaps aren’t deal breakers for the airlines… I know of several people who totaled airframes with AA employee numbers, as well as some at other airlines.
Shit, we have dudes balling up Rhinos because they forget a switch going on to be Skippers. I don't think it's a deal breaker for those staying in either. Not as long as guys keep running to the airlines and the pool of those left behind gets thinner and thinner.