• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

P-3 vs. EP-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

USN99

USN99
None
I think we're showing our ages

Flash my good man, your perspective is so very understandable. True enough the Navy has never learned anything from the English, except perhaps some unimportant items like aircraft carriers, angled decks, and fresnel lenses. Yep, the RAF went to heavy jet in their Maritime Patrol Community decades before the USN but by 2007 the USN will convert its Patrol Community to heavy jet as well. FYI - organizationally they have formed their Nimrod Squadrons into a numbered "Strike Group" - not "Wing", within their RAF Strike Command. Nevertheless, borrowing their monikers wholesale is a stretch.

Actually the USN has a heritage of multi-engine aircraft making attacks on land and surface targets extending back to WWII up to Afghanistan and Iraq. The official label in WWII was Patrol Bombing Squadron or VPB.

Here's where we are both showing our ages. From your perspective a lack of language communications skills is a positive attribute. I sense that you regularly talk with your hands at the bar as well as the ready room. Been there and done that. It was good. Did the carrier thing too and it was a most excellent adventure to which I extolled its virtues relentlessly, almost religously, to my VP JOs who would listen. However, too many tours inside the Beltway - from where all naval and land power comes - has demonstrated to the living a painful lesson. That lesson is being able to articulate your position - usually a budgetary position - is most definitely a positive attribute. Put another way, start talking with your hands in front of a DoD Comptroller staff member and you can kiss your (insert - "ship", "aircraft", "flight hour", "weapon system", "sensor upgrade") program good-bye. Just remember that famous cliche, "No Bucks, No Buck Rogers". Traps are nice but money is better. And we can both agree that while bombs are good, so are electrons!

Fly safe man, you want to be at least a triple centurion before you hang it up.

bigmouth

You know I don't speak Spanish!
Hey USN99, I thoroughly enjoyed reading your response. I'm not sure if you meant it to be funny, or humorous as you'd probably put it, but it was. Don't take this the wrong way, but tell me, do you like the sound of your own voice? It's just that, when I read your well-articulated yet wholly confusing message, I was reminded of an old friend of mine who used to take any and every opportunity to get up in front of the class and talk. You know, making random announcements and going well beyond his allotted time on science presentations etc. Anyway, I was imagining him reading YOUR response out loud in class, and it made me laugh. He REALLY loved the way he sounded.

Status
Not open for further replies.