• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

P-3 version of "Top Gun"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryoukai

The Chief doesn't like cheeky humor...at all
I wonder if Val Kilmer cries himself to sleep, then consoles himself with his money.

SteveG75

Retired and starting that second career
None
Best thing in that video is the Prowler taxiing in the background.

Godspeed

His blood smells like cologne.
pilot
Jimminy f**king christmas that file is huge. What is that in IMAX format or something?

handjive

Blue speedo... check!
pilot
Freakin' hilarious! My favorite part is when the guy says, "I've lost my edge sir" and drops the NATOPS on his desk...

I've got to admit, those P-3 guys are thorough (that had to take a lot of work) and have a great sense of humor! Cool flick.

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
handjive said:
I've got to admit, those P-3 guys are thorough (that had to take a lot of work) and have a great sense of humor! Cool flick.

We don't take ourselves too seriously. Any aviator who does, regardless of what they fly, is in for a miserable career. I don't know about other communities, but we sure laugh at ourselves a lot. The guys who are anal and don't have a sense of humor are usually ostracized. Our wardroom is into shenanigans quite a lot also, which helps keep things a bit more relaxed.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
SteveG75 said:
Best thing in that video is the Prowler taxiing in the background.
Yeah, I resent NUW being referred to as Proptown USA. We were there first! ;)

Actually, that whole film is really well done for a JO production and all. Quite hilarious.

Brett

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
I enjoyed it very much. Thanks for the post. Funny stuff, especially all the mouth-chomping by the Iceman character, lol.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
FUNNY stuff ---now that's how I like to see my tax $$$$ spent (?). :) I can rest easy at night when at Whidbey, knowing these guys are standing on the "wall".

Sell the movie rights to Ben Stiller .....:)

(edit what kind of CBU was that near the end of the flick??? @ 20:30 minutes?? It "looked" something like an APAM, a.k.a. Rockeye II (God, what a great weapon the original Rockeye was !!)

cbu-59b.gif

(source: GlobalSecurity.org)

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
A4sForever said:
FUNNY stuff ---now that's how I like to see my tax $$$$ spent (?). :) I can rest easy at night when at Whidbey, knowing these guys are standing on the "wall".

Sell the movie rights to Ben Stiller .....:)

(edit what kind of CBU was that near the end of the flick??? @ 20:30 minutes?? It "looked" something like an APAM, a.k.a. Rockeye II (God, what a great weapon the original Rockeye was !!)

cbu-59b.gif

(source: GlobalSecurity.org)
In my day as a P-3 Ordie we dropped lots of MK-20 Rockeyes. That's probably what it was. We had flight clearance for a couple other CBUs but I never saw any of them loaded.

Brett

Super18Ordie

F/A-18 Ordnanceman
Brett327 said:
In my day as a P-3 Ordie we dropped lots of MK-20 Rockeyes. That's probably what it was. We had flight clearance for a couple other CBUs but I never saw any of them loaded.

Brett

Oooooooooooo Brett I want to rag on you so bad for that commment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
PropStop said:
Yup, was a Rockeye.

Cluster bombs - when accuracy is paramount!

Thanks ... so it was "Rock's" .... almost as good as strafing --- which, by the way, IS the best !!!

STRAFING !!! YES !! INSTANT GRATIFICATION !!! Be still, my beating heart ....

ormoc1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.