• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

P-3/P-8s officially out of Hawaii?

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
Should base them in Anchorage, AK! That'd put them within one tank of Europe or Asia.

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
I'm down, Alaska is beautiful. Although, we'd be on an AF base, which may not be bad. Hard to say.

PropStop

pilot
Contributor
I'm down, Alaska is beautiful. Although, we'd be on an AF base, which may not be bad. Hard to say.

I did 3years at that base (joint tour), wasn't too bad most of the time. Of course, i was in the joint HQ, so had little direct interaction with the base at an operational level. The BX kicks ass - nice gun counter though their ammo prices were never anything to write home about...

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
Just curious for putting down DH preferences for next years board. I'd love to go to Hawaii, but I don't want to have to Move in the middle of the tour like the Brunswick guys did.

Word on the street is that all the VPness will be gone from KBay by 2017, except for VPU which will sundown in 2018. The wing is set to move in 2016, as of now.

I'm betting this will influence a lot of pilots' choices to take the bonus and hang around for a DH tour. . .I know it's making FTS at VR-51 look more and more appealing to me every day.

PropStop

pilot
Contributor
Word on the street is that all the VPness will be gone from KBay by 2017, except for VPU which will sundown in 2018. The wing is set to move in 2016, as of now.

I'm betting this will influence a lot of pilots' choices to take the bonus and hang around for a DH tour. . .I know it's making FTS at VR-51 look more and more appealing to me every day.

Especially when the bonus is now so small. Not really worth taking the risk. I took the gamble on the big bonus and lost (won?), had to do a DH tour (though OP-T, so not a bad deal). If the bonus I had an offer of was as small as it is now, I'd have never taken it.

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
Rumors heard from a pair of O-6s at BUPERS I talked to last week is that, "The bonus is going back up. We're 2 years away from the new T-notch and most communities are losing pilots at an unsustainable rate."

robav8r

None
Contributor
Rumors heard from a pair of O-6s at BUPERS I talked to last week is that, "The bonus is going back up. We're 2 years away from the new T-notch and most communities are losing pilots at an unsustainable rate."
To be reflected in the FY-14 ACCP message perhaps ???

PropStop

pilot
Contributor

HA! Saw that coming...

Kaman

Beech 1900 pilot's; "Fly it like you stole it"
Anything is within "one bag of gas" with in-flight refueling! I can see the P-8 force being based in two bases INCONUS as a logical decision, but I would advocate for permanently deploying at least one squadron to Japan or Guam at a minimum...The airplane will be MUCH easier to support than the P-3 because of the commonality with the 737NG.