• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Over my head in debt...

trackgain

I know that if i could get in the Navy i'd be making A LOT more money than what i am now and paying these things off would be no big deal. The only problem is trying to pay them off now.:confused:

So, I stand by my response. Join the Army...come into theater, do you job while making tax free, hazardous duty pay, and combat pay, and your you can work at paying off your debt.

You start this thread writing how far in debt you and don't know what to do, but "I want to be a Navy Pilot" so what do you think? Either use the Enlisted ranks as an option or take some civilian job(s) to help pay off your debt, but the Military is not going to look at you to be a Pilot when you are soo far in debt.

Godspeed

His blood smells like cologne.
pilot
I don't think it is the amount of the debt that is necessarily the problem (per se). There are a lot of people that end up with A LOT of debt (student loans) that are accepted into such programs (I know several that have 100k-150k).

I think the problem here is the 1 year + deliquency because it shows that nothing has been done to resolve it (whether work with the companies the money is owed to, file bankruptcy, etc).

Correct me if i'm wrong anyone.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I don't think it is the amount of the debt that is necessarily the problem (per se). There are a lot of people that end up with A LOT of debt (student loans) that are accepted into such programs (I know several that have 100k-150k).

I think the problem here is the 1 year + deliquency because it shows that nothing has been done to resolve it (whether work with the companies the money is owed to, file bankruptcy, etc).

Yeah, I'd have to say you're wrong. Being $30K in debt because you bought a $30K car or have $30K in student loans is very different from $30K in delinquent credit cards. Looks very different on credit reports, too. The long delinquency adds to the problem.

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
Yeah, I'd have to say you're wrong. Being $30K in debt because you bought a $30K car or have $30K in student loans is very different from $30K in delinquent credit cards. Looks very different on credit reports, too. The long delinquency adds to the problem.

I think you guys just said the same thing. It's not the money per se, it's the delinquency that has become the issue. If a guy has 30k in credit or a 200k home loan doesn't matter, it's can he be fiscally responsible and cover those debts (which in this case, appears to be no).

trackattack

Exactly. That's my issue.