• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Out of Bounds in Mike Company

maltwin1

I just had a quick TBS question for those of you who have been through recently. My boyfriend is set to start TBS in Delta Company in early June but may be headed up in late March to do IFS. By the time Memorial Day rolls around he should be finished with IFS and just hanging around in Mike Company. I've read that there is a 96 for Memorial Day...is that true for Mike Company too? If so, do you think it would be a problem for him to get an Out of Bounds chit to fly down to see me? I wanted to take him on a trip to Florida to celebrate both of our birthdays, but I don't want to do anything that would cause any kind of problem for him. Anybody have any insight?

ArkhamAsylum

500+ Posts
pilot
As long as he starts applying 2 months in advance and shows an itinerary, to include a flight that arrives no later than 12 hours before he needs to show back up, M Co should let him go. The IFS instructors might have a hard time letting him take the weekend off, though.

NapalmRat

I don't know about everyone else, but out of our OSO office here we've never had someone do IFS before TBS. Something to consider.

Mustang83

Professional back-seat driver
None
Im at TBS now with Alpha, there are a ton of LT's who did IFS before TBS and were in Mike Co. Getting an out of bounds chit is easy and people have done it three days before the date (not advised). If he lets his command know at least a few weeks in advance and submitts the paper work earlier rather than later there will be no problem. Only issue is Delta picks up right after the 96, so there might be other issues he will need to look into

maltwin1

Thanks for the advice guys. I'm still trying to get used to not being able to know for sure what is going on, so any extra help anyone can give me is greatly appreciated.

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
Thanks for the advice guys. I'm still trying to get used to not being able to know for sure what is going on, so any extra help anyone can give me is greatly appreciated.

I got my hard orders for IFS/TBS 6 days in advance...luckily I had already moved down...just keep asking questions and keep talking to your OSO...

maltwin1

Well, unfortunatly I'm a few steps removed from some of the information sources since I am the girlfriend and not the actual Marine. The boyfriend is good about keeping me informed though. When he knows, I know, but it is still taking some getting used to.

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
Well, unfortunatly I'm a few steps removed from some of the information sources since I am the girlfriend and not the actual Marine. The boyfriend is good about keeping me informed though. When he knows, I know, but it is still taking some getting used to.

Welcome to the normal situation for the next couple years at least...

maltwin1

Thanks...I'm just telling myself that this is how it will be for the next 10 years. That way if anything changes I'll be pleasantly surprised.

ArkhamAsylum

500+ Posts
pilot
During TBS, you very well may know more than he does, depending on the quality of his company's spouse network.