• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Orders??

cameron172

pilot
There's debate at our unit whether our API orders are TAD or PCS orders. What I've seen in other posts here, we don't get PCS orders until Primary...but there's a lot of "Permenant Change of Station" talk in the actual orders. Is there a specific way to tell if they're PCS or TAD orders? My intermediate activity is the ROTC unit with the ultimate activity of API.

ac2NASTY

AC -> OC -> O3E
pilot
I commissioned Monday and still no orders yet but I did call the detailer for a NLT date this morning. He approved my request for a later detach date and is giving me NLT 17 Aug.

I'd suggest you read through your orders carefully. He had me down as a single guy with kids going to Corpus. Apparently my command submitted paperwork saying I was single, which I'm not. I would love to go to Corpus but now it's follow on to Whiting.

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
There's debate at our unit whether our API orders are TAD or PCS orders. What I've seen in other posts here, we don't get PCS orders until Primary...but there's a lot of "Permenant Change of Station" talk in the actual orders. Is there a specific way to tell if they're PCS or TAD orders? My intermediate activity is the ROTC unit with the ultimate activity of API.

I think the debate going on is similar to the chicken/egg thing. They ARE PCS orders, but there are some small details that may be hidden in the accounting codes. Also, it's different for priors/married folk than it is for newly commissioned MIDN. Have your Admin folks talk to PSD (or call them yourself) to find out what your particular circumstances are. Generally, you go to API and then clear everything up on the backside at your Primary TRAWING.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor

Here's a quick way to check: Look for your first stop on the orders which probably says something like Report NLT xxx at NASC, PENSACOLA FL. To the right there's a "ACNT Code" (or something like that...I can't remember the actual phrase). This is the accounting code. If it says 100, chances are good their PCS. If it says some other number, it's probably a TAD I-stop.

Deere1450

pilot
Here's a quick way to check: Look for your first stop on the orders which probably says something like Report NLT xxx at NASC, PENSACOLA FL. To the right there's a "ACNT Code" (or something like that...I can't remember the actual phrase). This is the accounting code. If it says 100, chances are good their PCS. If it says some other number, it's probably a TAD I-stop.

If thats the case, looks like its TAD. Did not see "100".

Wingmeh

I just checked my bupers today, and i have to start leaving sometime next weekend. I got no earlier than 25 May and no later than 1 June.
Dang I commission this upcoming monday, I did not think that I was going to leave so soon....
Does anyone have any ideas or ways go to go about finding a place to live in p-cola, i don't want to live in the BOQ. If possible, can I stay in the BOQ temporally then find a place off base?

nkn240

I just checked my bupers today, and i have to start leaving sometime next weekend. I got no earlier than 25 May and no later than 1 June.
Dang I commission this upcoming monday, I did not think that I was going to leave so soon....
Does anyone have any ideas or ways go to go about finding a place to live in p-cola, i don't want to live in the BOQ. If possible, can I stay in the BOQ temporally then find a place off base?

Yeah I arranged for a place at Countrywood at Blue Angel. It's super close to the back gate of base. I've heard it's definitely the place to be!

Also, we get 10 days max of house hunting leave, or so I've heard. You stay in the BOQ those nights. I would call ahead and arrange a reservation if that's what you want to do. Otherwise, you may have to stay in a hotel if they're booked.

I commission on Friday,and still no orders. I want your orders though, NLT 01 June sounds ideal for me!

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Yeah I arranged for a place at Countrywood at Blue Angel. It's super close to the back gate of base. I've heard it's definitely the place to be!

Also, we get 10 days max of house hunting leave, or so I've heard. You stay in the BOQ those nights. I would call ahead and arrange a reservation if that's what you want to do. Otherwise, you may have to stay in a hotel if they're booked.

I commission on Friday,and still no orders. I want your orders though, NLT 01 June sounds ideal for me!

For the sake of making sure everyone is on the same page...

If you're ENROUTE with an I-Stop, you're TAD. If you're TAD, you're not entitled to get house hunting, though NASC may give you the time to look. Also, house hunting is not guarenteed, but I'd guess they try to help at NASC. It's also not "10 days." It's supposed to be a Saturday through the following Sunday (it's actually 9 days), but again, it depends on how strict a command is in enforcing that.

Some of the confusion may come in when one person talking is a SNFO select and another is a SNA select. Someone here can correct me if I'm wrong, but SNFOs will be PCS'ed since they stay at NASP while the SNAs are going to leave to somewhere and MAY get an I-stop.

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
Technically, NASP is a stop for both since SNFOs continue on to TW6 afterwards. Even my FO buddies had to wait until Primary to sort out all of their move stuff.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Technically, NASP is a stop for both since SNFOs continue on to TW6 afterwards. Even my FO buddies had to wait until Primary to sort out all of their move stuff.

Good correction. Seems like a PCS wouldn't be any harder/more expensive, but I guess it works for the bean counters.

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
Agreed, it seems like the biggest factor is that NASP doesn't want to/need to/have the time to deal with all the personnel issues. It appears that they "get us through, and then get us gone". The TRAWINGs deal with the personnel stuff afterwards. I don't know how that equates to PCS vs TAD orders, but that's the reality of the situation.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
When you say "NASP," I think you mean NASC. NASP deals with everyone, no matter where they're coming from or going to, regardless of type of orders (HHG, PSD, billeting, etc). NASC has to deal with whether someone is TAD or PCS'ed, student or staff (API, ASC, LDO/Warrant school, etc).

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
When you say "NASP," I think you mean NASC. NASP deals with everyone, no matter where they're coming from or going to, regardless of type of orders (HHG, PSD, billeting, etc). NASC has to deal with whether someone is TAD or PCS'ed, student or staff (API, ASC, LDO/Warrant school, etc).

True, I meant the command, not the base.

Wingmeh

I can't even tell if my orders are pcs or not.
How are the BOQ's for Pensacola, what is the floor layout, rules, guest policy etc. What if I stay in the BOQ and my bf would like to visit me, would that be ok?
As for shipping my personal items, will the Navy pay to ship my motorcycle and/or vehicle?
I am like scrambling here, because it did not know that I will have to report after next weekend.