• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Orders??

NavyNukeNFO

FY09 NFO Selectee...turned FY12 CHOP
I grad in May and have heard we are supposedly going down in May, but haven't heard a word as for anyone getting orders yet. I would think that a month away is already too short...two weeks away from transferring would be a little crazy. Anyone gotten orders or heard anything?

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
Detailer wants us to leave ASAP, but at ODU we aren't signing our oath of office until May 13th. That's a Friday, so PSD won't have us squared away until at least later the next week. Our OPSO told our detailer that first week of June would be the most likely scenario and for us to plan for that. Orders should be here in ~two weeks.

NavyNukeNFO

Did you guys fill out a "slate" sheet asking when you wanted to go down and reasons why? So mid April we should have orders and you guys were told to expect to report beginning of June? I see you are a STA21 as well. I was mainly worried about getting down there and getting a lease lined up and house hold goods blah blah. But if they give us 6 weeks notice it shouldnt be too big of a deal. We were told expect mid May and orders end of April...that was pushing it. Hope that your OPSO is right. Congrats on grad in May and see you down there soon.

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
Yeah, we filled out the slate...but there wasn't an option for when you wanted to leave. There was an option to explain any circumstances that may keep you here past June, but they better be damn good. My thinking is that PERS-43 only has enough money to move certain people, officer accessions being one of them (due to the budget issues). I'm sure that they are trying to keep the pipeline full to avoid backups later. In any case, be ready to go sooner rather than later.

I wouldn't worry about housing in FL...realtors down there are used to people in our situation. They see about 1500 of us a year. Take care, see you soon.

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
Did you guys fill out a "slate" sheet asking when you wanted to go down and reasons why? So mid April we should have orders and you guys were told to expect to report beginning of June? I see you are a STA21 as well. I was mainly worried about getting down there and getting a lease lined up and house hold goods blah blah. But if they give us 6 weeks notice it shouldnt be too big of a deal. We were told expect mid May and orders end of April...that was pushing it. Hope that your OPSO is right. Congrats on grad in May and see you down there soon.

Get used to the idea of having "Hard Verbals"- and only recieving written orders coming down to the wire when BUPERS finds the money for your PCS. They've been operating this way for a while now.

NavyNukeNFO

pardon the ignorance, but is this only in reference to OC's or does this include mids?

I know that they took 5 mids off IRR last week (at our school) and told them they are going down immediately after grad as well with the OC's. I am suspecting this is due to flight school opening up a little (from what I hear). So if they are sending you after grad with the OC's then I believe they would of already of told you as I have heard there are multiple schools with MIDS that came off the IRR list. Hope that helps.

Pistol719

Will Over Skill
pilot
Contributor
I know that they took 5 mids off IRR last week (at our school) and told them they are going down immediately after grad as well with the OC's. I am suspecting this is due to flight school opening up a little (from what I hear). So if they are sending you after grad with the OC's then I believe they would of already of told you as I have heard there are multiple schools with MIDS that came off the IRR list. Hope that helps.

I sorta also heard the same thing about schools opening up some.. Our middies got taken off the IRR list as well. I am crossing my fingers that what I also hear is true that some of the swo selectees (like myself) are being considered for pilot/nfo slots (which would be cool since I already passed my ASTB and physical)

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
Our graduating Mids aren't commissioning IRR, but they are leaving later in the summer to provide manpower for CORTRAMID East. ODU is in charge of picking all those guys up from the airport and shuttling them around the area.

NavyNukeNFO

Guess we will all know in a couple of weeks. Good luck on getting switched from SWO to NFO/PILOT but I havent heard anything about that option. Doesnt mean it is not going to happen.

Yardstick

Is The Bottle Ready?!
pilot
yeah thats definitely true...apparently theyre taking 30 swos total, 15 for pilot, 15 for nfo...one of my friends put in for it, and word on the street is he'll find out tuesday, so we'll see

Th3HumbleMuffin

Blunt-force method
From what I've heard (this is speculation, duh) those being taken off IRR are because they're geographically closer to NASP, making it cheap for them to PCS. Being in Chicago, none of our IRR guys were taken off, but the guys that were are in the FL area already.

As for those schools close to CORTRAMID locations in San Diego or VA, you guys are lucky--looks like they need Ensigns to herd the flocks of 3/C around. Have fun being the good shepherd.

Congrats to those guys that lucked out--bet it'll be nice to get paid unlike the rest of us. XD

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
The Humble Muffin????? WTF kind of name is that? Of course is does fit the new PC callsign rules.

NavyNukeNFO

From what I've heard (this is speculation, duh) those being taken off IRR are because they're geographically closer to NASP, making it cheap for them to PCS. Being in Chicago, none of our IRR guys were taken off, but the guys that were are in the FL area already.

Makes sense...we are in SC and they took some of ours off IRR. Still speculation but at least it is speculation that seems to make sense.