• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Orders??

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Meh, I didn't find out my report date until commissioning day. Literally was lining up for the ceremony when our CO pulled all of us aviators aside and told us when we were each going to Pcola. Didn't get paper orders until a couple weeks later.

NavyNukeNFO

FY09 NFO Selectee...turned FY12 CHOP
Meh, I didn't find out my report date until commissioning day. Literally was lining up for the ceremony when our CO pulled all of us aviators aside and told us when we were each going to Pcola. Didn't get paper orders until a couple weeks later.

Sounds like they are still running it the same way ;) All but 3 of us have orders...either IRR or June 3rd

Yardstick

Is The Bottle Ready?!
pilot
the three of us active duty folks were told we would find out in approx. 9 days, so that puts it right about at commissioning

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
Because at this stage in the game, we have more shit to move than a MIDN who just graduated college. I wouldn't consider allowing me time to get my HHG shipment together "preferential"

KBayDog

Okay. Thanks for the reality check.

Sorry, dude, but you're going to have to get used to it. You've got the potential to move 3+ times in the next 2-3 years, and each time, you'll be lucky to have a week or two from check out to check in.

Congratulations - You've been commissioned, and now you're nothing but a number in the TRACOM pipeline. It sucks, but it's just the way it is.

EM1

Forsan et haec olim meminisse iuvabit
+1

And I'm married.

+2 and I have 4 kids.

If need be and the move can't be scheduled in time, my wife can stay behind and figure it out on her own while I report on the other end (she may not like it, but she'll figure it out-part of why I'm married to her).

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
No worries, I get it. I just hope that my frustration at my orders not coming through yet (because my physical from 15 months ago still hasn't been approved, along with 3 other guys from my unit) doesn't translate into me thinking that I am better than another ENS because I'm a prior. I didn't mean that married people should have preferential treatment, but they do cut us different orders out of ROTC based on things like that. I expect that once I get back to the fleet, stuff like that will stop.

KBayDog

I expect that once I get back to the fleet, stuff like that will stop.

Haha, keep telling yourself that...

Keep your head up, man. You've just got to swallow your pride for the next few years, butkeep your eyes on the prize. You know better than most of your peers how awesome Naval Aviation is.