• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Orders??

Th3HumbleMuffin

Blunt-force method
1) The new PC callsign rules are a shame--some people just can't take a joke. As for my username, I thought it was funny. Combine any adjective for a person and use it to describe a pastry i.e. The Angry Pop Tart or The Confused Donut.

2) For you Philly guys, maybe whomever was removed from IRR has a home of record listed geographically close to either NASP or Norfolk for CORTRAMID.

Whatever, PERS could be grabbing names out of a hat for all I know. My knowledge of the behind the scenes admin is nil so for the love of God don't take any of this as fact.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
1) The new PC callsign rules are a shame--some people just can't take a joke. As for my username, I thought it was funny. Combine any adjective for a person and use it to describe a pastry i.e. The Angry Pop Tart or The Confused Donut.
I suggest you don't try this in a ready room....

cyristvirus

STA-21 FY08 College Dude
I had a nice talk with my CO about how long I was going to be in the area. He was talking about me being here for quite some time. I had a nice drive home and checked my email. Things changed.

2-3 weeks after commissioning... I don't have orders yet. I cant get my crap packed and the list goes on and on. I don't know about the rest of you but it was a bit of a shock to me.

NavyNukeNFO

FY09 NFO Selectee...turned FY12 CHOP
cyristvirus.....same here. They are talking about June 1 time frame for us. We just started getting in NAMI approvals last week though and they said they are hoping to get orders out before May. So we are in the same boat. 2-3 weeks to get out of a lease, go find a new place and sign a lease, set up HHG move, and trying to get my family adjusted with a 7 week old during all this.

Our LT did say that the detailer is still waiting on the slates from other colleges that he has sent out. The ones that ask when you would like to be transferred and why. These are important because it tells him which names are STA21 (which normally have families and takes longer to move) and which are college students that are ok with heading down right away. If he doesnt have those he wont start writing orders for your college. Also he has to have the NAMI approvals to write orders...so if you don't have those yet, dont expect orders yet. I think this is just a common time frame for the aviation orders and that we are just in a odd situation where they are actually needing people at flight school instead of a huge back up like normal. It has its good and bads. Hope this helps out anyone that is confused on what is going on with orders in NROTC right now.

EM1toNFO

Killing insurgents with my 'messages'!!
None
I got my NAMI approval last Thursday and then BAM! over the weekend (I checked on Sunday) my orders were in BUPERS. SNFO, I check in on NLT MAY 20 and I commission Apr 29. So give or take 3 weeks. GET READY NOW!!!

NavyNukeNFO

I got my NAMI approval last Thursday and then BAM! over the weekend (I checked on Sunday) my orders were in BUPERS. SNFO, I check in on NLT MAY 20 and I commission Apr 29. So give or take 3 weeks. GET READY NOW!!!

Also don't forget you are going GeoBachleor and is at a NROTC in FLORIDA....easy candidate for moving early and cheap for the Navy. Not sure if this had anything to do with it, but would play in line with what I posted earlier. Glad to see someone is getting orders though! Lets get this show on the road and do some flying...I can't wait!

NavyNukeNFO

Update for those of you watching this thread. Guy in my unit got a ship date of Aug 18. So looks like it can be anything over a 3 month spread.

NavyNukeNFO

Wow, much later than I thought. More reason to not anticipate. Will he be stashed or manning cortramid?

Stashed at the Unit from what I gather. He put reasons on his slate for being sent in Aug. The detailer did tell us that some colleges have not put in their slate yet and they wont get orders till they do. So if you are at a NROTC unit and haven't filled one out or heard of there being a slate sent out, ask the question because if you are NAMI qualified there is nothing holding back getting orders at this point from what I have heard. Over half of us are still waiting on NAMI at my unit.

NavyNukeNFO

Still no orders.....Comm in 3 days...awesome. Detailer emailed unit and said June 3 is the earliest report dates we would get. Just for updates for anyone reading

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
Same boat here, commissioning on Friday with no word yet. Good work on the June 3 data, that's a relief.

STARFlight145

No orders here either, but I received the same word as NavyNuke. Earliest report date is June 3. The next available was September 3.