• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Orders Requested - STA-21

k_smittay

For those of you who are interested.. this is what is happening with our orders...

"We are waiting for the CDP's. These are the start dates of all colleges and universities. This information must be down loaded into our data base before orders can be requested. We need this so all orders have the proper start dates. These dates start your 3 year counter for this program. We are planning on getting orders requested next week. -Ed"

Info straight from CNET. So sit back and enjoy your holidays :xmas_125:, watch the bowl games :football_, whatever it is you do :icon_zbee. I would think orders will start trickling in after the new year. Ho ho ho.

Lucky3

P-8 Driver
pilot
Straight from Ed's mouth:

The mystery has been solved. They were testing the system yesterday and released some data. This has been cleared and things are back to
normal. No orders have been requested yet.

v/r

Ed Straten

I am guessing the people who had their orders status changed, probaly are going to colleges that have already provided the necessary information.

OneBadSSS

FY08 STA-21 Pilot Selectee/Currently at ODU
For those of you who are interested.. this is what is happening with our orders...

"We are waiting for the CDP's. These are the start dates of all colleges and universities. This information must be down loaded into our data base before orders can be requested. We need this so all orders have the proper start dates. These dates start your 3 year counter for this program. We are planning on getting orders requested next week. -Ed"

Info straight from CNET. So sit back and enjoy your holidays :xmas_125:, watch the bowl games :football_, whatever it is you do :icon_zbee. I would think orders will start trickling in after the new year. Ho ho ho.

Yeah that's exactly what I'm going to do! I actually received this email from Ed this morning:

"The mystery has been solved. They were testing the system yesterday and released some data. This has been cleared and things are back to normal. No orders have been requested yet.
v/r
Ed Straten"

Turns out it was a database issue after all!

FC2spyguy, sorry to hear about your misfortune. I hope it pans out and you can still be an SNA! As for why I was pissed, it's because of what's going on with my ship. I can't divulge what exactly because this is a public forum (OPSEC) but I'm sure you can figure it out!

erelislt

Phew, thanks for the update. I checked my status webpage again and today is shows "No Data Available" Yesterday showed 12 Dec 07. So next week, huh? I'll take it! :)

erelislt

It sounds like next week is the first group for orders. So if your Physical and Degree Plan are settled, you made the first batch. :)

Lucky3

P-8 Driver
pilot
So I finally read the instruction, and suprise to me I have to re-enlist, like you all have said. I thought I just had to do that prior to heading back out to the fleet if I was dropped from the program. I have two questions about this part. It says do not reenlist prior to having pcs orders to boost/nsi. Have you all started the paperwork yet, since you don't have orders. Second, when do I start the extension/reenlistment. from the date I start leave, or is any day after I get my orders fine. Also, does anyone know for a fact how long you are able to extend for. I don't want to waste this reenlistment, if I got dropped back to the fleet I will lose out on a $75k srb.

mh53eflyguy

Stashed...again.
I'm waiting until the orders are in hand.
I plan to reup for 6, and then extend for 2.
I will not start the paperwork until the orders are in hand.
Generally speaking, the process usually takes a few weeks, depending upon how efficently your personelmen oe whatever they are called now, work.
I re-enlisted a few years ago and it was a quick process. I expect about the same this time

I'm actually planning how I'm going to do it now. I will be doing it on the Wright Bros. Monument in Kill Devil Hills. I'm flying myself and the Officer down to KFFA in a 172. It should be fun! Plus, it's a day out of work!

I wish I could do it this Monday (17DEC07) 104th anni of flight!

OneBadSSS

DO NOT reenlist until you have orders in hand! It says that in black and white in the instruction!

EM1toNFO

Killing insurgents with my 'messages'!!
None
lucky.. you don't give up your bonus, you just suspend it. if you are dropped and go back enlisted, you are entitled to a prorated amount of the bonus. Look into it at your local PSD.. I haven't started any paperwork yet, but have worked out some of the logistics and timing.

EM1

LoneSailor

I'm in the same situation except I've already reenlisted (my EAOS was 21OCT07). I remember a while back one of the civillians at PSD who was handling my reenlistment said I would be able to keep the first installment of my bonus, but this is conflicting from what I've heard/read in the past. I thought when you are selected for STA-21 you forfeit all (most) of your SRB? I highly doubt I'm going to keep the first installment (which is around $20k), but is there a possibility I might keep a couple of thousands ? Anyone with experience on this chime in and let me know. Thanks. Happy Holidays.

SuccessStory

FY08 STA-21 SNFO SELECT
I'm in the same situation except I've already reenlisted (my EAOS was 21OCT07). I remember a while back one of the civillians at PSD who was handling my reenlistment said I would be able to keep the first installment of my bonus, but this is conflicting from what I've heard/read in the past. I thought when you are selected for STA-21 you forfeit all (most) of your SRB? I highly doubt I'm going to keep the first installment (which is around $20k), but is there a possibility I might keep a couple of thousands ? Anyone with experience on this chime in and let me know. Thanks. Happy Holidays.
The instruction says that you lose all bonus money received after APPLYING for the sta-21 program. So all of us that got installments in October expect to pay them back. I hope this helps.

et1nuke

pilot
Contributor
The instruction says that you lose all bonus money received after APPLYING for the sta-21 program. So all of us that got installments in October expect to pay them back. I hope this helps.

That is BAD gouge! Go read OPNAVINST 1160.6A

Basically what creepto was saying is correct. To amplify upon that, As long as you reenlisted for an SRB prior to "Applying" to STA-21 your SRB was paid out to you since you were entitled to receive it. If you had an application in and reenlisted for an SRB your PSD should have had the payment suspended until the results came out. If you didn't get in you'd get paid, if you do get selected you still should have it suspended for the period of that enlistment UNLESS you are disenrolled you'd receive the remainder of the SRB for the time you would end up serving. Now the final case are those that are already serving under an SRB and GOT selected. We all received an SRB OCT 1st which is prior to being selected therefore you are entitled to that and should consider it your last installment. Even if you are going to NSI late next year there is a fairly high probability you could be paid an SRB that you aren't entitled to.

SuccessStory

FY08 STA-21 SNFO SELECT
That is BAD gouge! Go read OPNAVINST 1160.6A

Basically what creepto was saying is correct. To amplify upon that, As long as you reenlisted for an SRB prior to "Applying" to STA-21 your SRB was paid out to you since you were entitled to receive it. If you had an application in and reenlisted for an SRB your PSD should have had the payment suspended until the results came out. If you didn't get in you'd get paid, if you do get selected you still should have it suspended for the period of that enlistment UNLESS you are disenrolled you'd receive the remainder of the SRB for the time you would end up serving. Now the final case are those that are already serving under an SRB and GOT selected. We all received an SRB OCT 1st which is prior to being selected therefore you are entitled to that and should consider it your last installment. Even if you are going to NSI late next year there is a fairly high probability you could be paid an SRB that you aren't entitled to.
I stand HAPPILY corrected! Man, I totally miss read that when they posted the NSI info package on the STA-21 websight. As for creepto, I had ASSumed he reenlisted after he submitted his package. And we all know where assuming gets us. So let me see if I read this right, I seen on the other thread where EM1(SW) said he was planning out his reenlistment. This really wouldn't matter for us since we're not allowed to STAR right? I mean we wouldn't be entitled to any new bonus if we were disenrolled from the program right?

OneBadSSS

I stand HAPPILY corrected! Man, I totally miss read that when they posted the NSI info package on the STA-21 websight. As for creepto, I had ASSumed he reenlisted after he submitted his package. And we all know where assuming gets us. So let me see if I read this right, I seen on the other thread where EM1(SW) said he was planning out his reenlistment. This really wouldn't matter for us since we're not allowed to STAR right? I mean we wouldn't be entitled to any new bonus if we were disenrolled from the program right?

If you are normally entitled to a bonus for reenlistment in your present rate, and you reenlisted PRIOR to getting selected to STA-21, because you are selected for STA-21 you forfeit that bonus. HOWEVER, in the event that you get dropped from the program you are eligible to receive a portion of that bonus.

I don't believe that you are eligible to receive a bonus in whole or in part if you reenlist AFTER selection notification for STA-21 as a means of satisfying the service commitment requirement of 6 years...