• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Order?

XeroCool

What is the order of the PFT? Is there a order that must be followed or can I do whichever I prefer first? The reason being if I run first than drop down to pump out some PU I can usually get an additional 10 outta my baby arms.
X

navychick

I highly recommend that you practice in the correct order when the PRT is coming close if you know that you are going to have trouble. Many times the curlups will cause your thigh muscles to tire just as much (if not more) than your abs and can affect your run if youre not ready for it.

MasterBates

That is the truth. I can run a ~10:30-11:00 by itself without much difficulty.

On PRT day, I go down to a 11:00-12:00 due to my thighs being a little jacked at the start.

Keep this in mind if you are marginal. If I max out PU/CU (esp CU) I will almost fail the run.

BigRed389

None
That is the truth. I can run a ~10:30-11:00 by itself without much difficulty.

On PRT day, I go down to a 11:00-12:00 due to my thighs being a little jacked at the start.

Keep this in mind if you are marginal. If I max out PU/CU (esp CU) I will almost fail the run.

Which is why doing really well on the pushups is going to pay off, IMO. Pretty easy to train to knock out 80's for pushups, which nets you an outstanding-ish score. Then just get something decent on curlups, and you get to save the quads for the run. Running with dead quads from the get-go sucks.

MasterBates

HEY! if you are 6'3" and wear 36x38 pants, that IS challenging. To this day, I have NEVER been able to touch my toes statically (is that a real word?). I always do the bounce and pray nothing pops.

OTOH, my wife, who has juvenile arthritis, can flat-palm it. Go figure.

MasterBates

I am something like 99th percentile on a couple Anthro things. EA6B is a no no for me.

36x36 is the longest size I can get off the shelf. When I ride my motorcyle, even my 50L flightsuit looks like floodpants.

(So is the Seahawk, but if it is non-ejection seat and you can reach the controls, nobody cares, even if you do have bald spots on your shins from being jammed into the dash all day)

pdx

HSM Pilot
I am something like 99th percentile on a couple Anthro things. EA6B is a no no for me.

36x36 is the longest size I can get off the shelf. When I ride my motorcyle, even my 50L flightsuit looks like floodpants.

(So is the Seahawk, but if it is non-ejection seat and you can reach the controls, nobody cares, even if you do have bald spots on your shins from being jammed into the dash all day)

A certain instructor at my VT had 6 inches of extra panels sewn into the legs of his flight suit. He says the paraloft does the mod for free.

I wear 42R, so I fit pretty much anywhere I get stuffed.

pennst8

Next guy to ask about thumbdrives gets shot.
Contributor
Sit and Reach is Pass/Fail.

You either do the run or the swim... not both... and yes they're timed events which you are scored on.

You can find a guideline to scoring it here... or on a million other websites.

XeroCool

Wait....you can either do the run or swim for the navy prt? AWESOME I sawm competeively for 13 years..... If i start training again i think i might go sub 5 min on my 500 yard freestyle.. much easier for me than 1.5 miles