• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OR limitiing options? advice appreciated, thanks!

Sapper!

Excuse the BS...
It might be worth mentioning, I actually hold a valid DoD and NATO clearance from my counter explosives and NCO position in the Army. That is set through about 2014 so I shouldn't have a problem with that. I'm thinking I should have mentioned that to the OR, I'll add that to the list.

twobecrazy

RTB...
Contributor

All the previous information you have received in this thread is spot on...

That being said I think I know why this OR kept pushing NUPOC on you. You probably ran into the NRD's NUPOC OR. I know my NRD has a NUPOC specific recruiter and he only deals with NUPOC candidates. This individual travels to the universities around the area throughout the year pushing qualified candidates towards NUPOC. Based off of the information you have given you seem to be a qualified candidate! ;)... Basically if you want a different designator then you need to talk to a different OR as previously mentioned... Good Luck!

fattestfoot

In it for the naked volleyball
It might be worth mentioning, I actually hold a valid DoD and NATO clearance from my counter explosives and NCO position in the Army. That is set through about 2014 so I shouldn't have a problem with that. I'm thinking I should have mentioned that to the OR, I'll add that to the list.

It's good that you have it (and it'll make things quicker), but unfortunately you're going to have to do the SF-86 again. Why? I was told it's required for the package. Whether that's the reason or not, I'm not sure, but I'm not the only one who had an active clearance who had to do all the paperwork again.

Sapper!

Excuse the BS...
All the previous information you have received in this thread is spot on...

That being said.......

Roger, the OR does travel and promotes this program exclusively. Guess the catch is, if this is just the NUPOC guy, how do I get in touch with another one. I have called every where and asked for "a POC to get info about becoming an officer" hoping to hear another name besides this particular OR. Unfortunately, they all say this guy by name. Was fishing intentionally to get pointed in a different direction. Thanks for the info

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
Roger, the OR does travel and promotes this program exclusively. Guess the catch is, if this is just the NUPOC guy, how do I get in touch with another one. I have called every where and asked for "a POC to get info about becoming an officer" hoping to hear another name besides this particular OR. Unfortunately, they all say this guy by name. Was fishing intentionally to get pointed in a different direction. Thanks for the info

Have you tried contacting the head of the NRD specifically? Or asked the NUPOC OR if he knows a good non-NUPOC guy/gal? Also, the VMI NROTC Department originally set me up with the Officer Recruiters in Richmond. I gave them a call and they hooked me up with a recruiter to suit my needs. So you might try your nearest NROTC Detachment.

Also here's a recruiter locater: http://www.navy.com/locator.html

Sapper!

Excuse the BS...
Have you tried contacting the head of the NRD specifically? Or asked the NUPOC OR if he knows a good non-NUPOC guy/gal? Also, the VMI NROTC Department originally set me up with the Officer Recruiters in Richmond. I gave them a call and they hooked me up with a recruiter to suit my needs. So you might try your nearest NROTC Detachment.

Also here's a recruiter locater: http://www.navy.com/locator.html

Been meaning to get on here and reply back to the thread, sorry for the delay.

I have not tried getting in touch with the NRD or acked the OR if he knows a non NUPOC. The recruiter locator is what I used the first time, got online did a lot more searching and every number and recruiter I called referred me to this one OR. So I guess I can ask for the NRD head next and see if I can get a little further. Thanks for the suggestion, someone else also recommended getting in touch with the processor as well, not sure if that is the same person or not. Tried searching that one didn't find any details.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

... someone else also recommended getting in touch with the processor as well, not sure if that is the same person or not. Tried searching that one didn't find any details.
The processor is a civilian, not a recruiter. He won't show up on any kind a recruiter search. You might get a number from the NRD web site for the Officer Programs Office (OPO) Processor. He is a great source of info and usually easier to get a hold of, but he is not the last word. You will still need to work with a recruiter. You want what is called a General Officer (GenOff) recruiter. Also at the NRD will be the NUPOC recruiter and Medical Programs recruiters. GenOff does aviation, SWO, intel, etc.

GreenLantern330

I have not tried getting in touch with the NRD or acked the OR if he knows a non NUPOC. The recruiter locator is what I used the first time, got online did a lot more searching and every number and recruiter I called referred me to this one OR. So I guess I can ask for the NRD head next and see if I can get a little further. Thanks for the suggestion, someone else also recommended getting in touch with the processor as well, not sure if that is the same person or not. Tried searching that one didn't find any details.

If you're in a college town, you might want to check out heading over (or calling) to your local enlisted recruiter and asking if they have an OR. The Navy site didn't show any ORs to be in my area (it only listed my NRD which is a good 2-3 hour drive), so I went to the enlisted recruiter and voila! There was an OR working out of that office, so there might be an OR in your area and just not listed on the site.

Sapper!

Excuse the BS...
The processor is a civilian, not a recruiter. He won't show up on any kind a recruiter search. You might get a number from the NRD web site for the Officer Programs Office (OPO) Processor. He is a great source of info and usually easier to get a hold of, but he is not the last word. You will still need to work with a recruiter. You want what is called a General Officer (GenOff) recruiter. Also at the NRD will be the NUPOC recruiter and Medical Programs recruiters. GenOff does aviation, SWO, intel, etc.
That is what I understood as well and when I asked for the General Officer recruiter that is the guy I got and keep getting referred back to. I will search for the OPO then! Thanks for that info as well, I didn't know who or what I was looking for in terms of the "processor". Definitely understand on the need for the recruiter, I'm not a chain jumper. Think the way this will go for me, is to study a good solid month, go in and just take the ASTB and if I can turn out some great scores then maybe this OR will take me more seriously.

Sapper!

Excuse the BS...
If you're in a college town, you might want to check out heading over (or calling) to your local enlisted recruiter and asking if they have an OR. The Navy site didn't show any ORs to be in my area (it only listed my NRD which is a good 2-3 hour drive), so I went to the enlisted recruiter and voila! There was an OR working out of that office, so there might be an OR in your area and just not listed on the site.

I did exactly this...down here they just refer back to the NRD, but great minds think alike? Glad to hear that worked for you though, because I was hoping for the same thing!

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I did exactly this...down here they just refer back to the NRD, but great minds think alike? Glad to hear that worked for you though, because I was hoping for the same thing!
Good for them. That is what they are supposed to do. Some E recruiters will try to convert a walk in officer candidate to an enlisted contract.