• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Online Trading

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'm not trying to be sarcastic with my above comment. However, anyone that puts their money in the market (and that includes mutual funds) needs to understand the inherent risks involved. Once you've accepted the risks and done your due diligence on the appropriate investment vehicle(s) for your money, you just have to jump off the cliff and do it. There is never a "best time" to make the leap. Well, there is but to try and time that is ridiculous.

subTidal

Sharebuilder and T.Rowe

I just starting using Sharebuilder this weekend for individual stocks. I've used T.Rowe Price for about 6 years now for my 401k mutual funds and am extremely happy with their performance.

jus2mch

MOTIVATOR
Contributor
Im tired of the long term I want fast cash damn it. I have TSP, Roth IRA,High Performance First Index. Whats gonna make me some pocket change besides blackjack?

HueyCobra8151

pilot
I recommend you sink it all into frozen concentrated orange juice futures in the Commodities Exchange...

trading_places1.jpg

whitesoxnation

pilot
Contributor
Im tired of the long term I want fast cash damn it. I have TSP, Roth IRA,High Performance First Index. Whats gonna make me some pocket change besides blackjack?

Penny stocks...

You'll be rich one minute, poor the next.

I've been looking for the right opportunity to get into the pennies.. but I don't want to do it based off of the actual company per se, but off of the momentum created by a message board or a scam. That is, to recognize that alot of people are buying just because someone is pumping in, and hop on board then get out quickly before it collapses.

You'd be suprised how much someone can pump a stock price up (of a penny stock) by just pumping on message boards.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pump_and_dump

pennst8

Next guy to ask about thumbdrives gets shot.
Contributor
Just don't be active in committing securities fraud or you'll be reading AW from white collar resort prison.:eek:

Could you make it rich? Hell yeah. Could you get burned? Hell yeah.

whitesoxnation

pilot
Contributor
So could you make it rich short selling an artificially pumped up penny stock?

Yeah, but I wouldn't recommend it unless you know what your doing and can afford it... and if you can even short penny's (dont know for sure what the rules are on which you can/cant short).

I wouldn't daytrade with alot of $$ unless you are very tempered and emotionally detached, and have the time throughout the day to keep up with things (as in, you pretty much daytrade for a living).

And its easier to commit securities fraud than you think. I've seen alot of crazy stuff go on in the message boards.. everything from people making false subpoenas to internet stock radio 'accidently' publishing a fake press release.

jus2mch

MOTIVATOR
Contributor
sounds like I have better luck buying some scratchers and a lotto ticket. Oh and beer mmmmmm beer.