• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

One Sentence Advice

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Oh, for fuck's sake, don't turn this into one of those retarded "OCS vs. Academy vs. ROTC etc" threads. All commissioning sources are equally capable of turning out idiot man-children, and do. Once you hit the Fleet, no one gives a rat's ass where you got your gold bars. And until you do, you're all equally worthless.

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
Oh, for fuck's sake, don't turn this into one of those retarded "OCS vs. Academy vs. ROTC etc" threads. All commissioning sources are equally capable of turning out idiot man-children, and do. Once you hit the Fleet, no one gives a rat's ass where you got your gold bars. And until you do, you're all equally worthless.

Now make that one sentence.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Here's a story: There once was this iron, and it made my uniform not look like trash when I came in to work in the morning.

Here's another story: there's an iron in my closet, where it'll stay until it's needed again for my khakis. Until then, I'll continue wearing my flight suit with wings on it, d-bag.

srqwho

pilot

Agreed. Inappropriate threadjack. I have had the pleasure of getting to know quite a few idiot man-children here and at OCS. Just some competitive fun...

Here's another story: there's an iron in my closet, where it'll stay until it's needed again for my khakis. Until then, I'll continue wearing my flight suit with wings on it, d-bag.

And I will call you Sir and have the utmost respect for you until the day you or I leave the Navy. Like I said, it's just a little overflow of pride. I know straight up I more than likely could not have hacked the academy. But I couldn't let the first comment just slide.:D

Threadjack done!

Back to one sentence advice:

When calling home/lady friends/wife from the pay phones, only use your calling card to call them, and once they pick up give them the number to the pay phone and have them call it back... saving you calling card minutes.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
....Back to one sentence advice:
*sigh* .... 80 +/- responses, and yet no one has mentioned Rafe's Rules ... i.e., the Holy Grail of one sentence words of advice/wisdom ... which will remain 'eternal' in the annals of Naval Aviation ... :)

*sigh* .... Offered in an attempt to return a little piece of 'tradition' to Naval Aviation; 34 'one sentence' pieces of advice = RAFE's RULES:

rafesrulesz.jpg

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor
^^^Thats a good one. (never pee in your canteen) I did that and it came back and bit me in the ass.

Godspeed

His blood smells like cologne.
pilot
That's why you have two canteens... A pisser and an H20 one... The key is not to grab the wrong one on your way out the door in the morning.

FlyinSpy

Mongo only pawn, in game of life...
Contributor

*sigh* .... Offered in an attempt to return a little piece of 'tradition' to Naval Aviation; 34 'one sentence' pieces of advice = RAFE's RULES:

That's an awesome list. I looked/searched, but my google-fu is clearly weak today; who is Rafe, and how is he so wise in the ways of things??

HolyGrail%20smaller.jpg