• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

One Sentence Advice

porw0004

standard-issue stud v2.0
pilot
Since my previous advice was admittedly in questionable taste, here's another one:

Reciting the warfare pins and code of conduct verbatim to fill out a 2500+ word essay is a bad, bad idea.

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
Not an OCS guy, but this holds true for any military indoctrination course (OCS, boot camp, Plebe Summer etc):

Don't stand out.

RussBow6

i havent been either (yet!) but a guy i crossfit with went to marine ocs and his advice was some of the best i've heard....

never volunteer for anything but never shy away from anything either

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
Do or do not...there is no try.

yoda.jpg

jt71582

How do you fly a Clipper?
pilot
Contributor
Don't grab your shipmate's leg under the table in an attempt to be funny.

**edit** just to be clear that wasn't me, but we ALL paid for it.

porw0004

standard-issue stud v2.0
pilot
Don't grab your shipmate's leg under the table in an attempt to be funny.

**edit** just to be clear that wasn't me, but we ALL paid for it.

Which, in turn, leads to poorly written essays on good order and discipline. Now you REALLY want that story don't you niktam?

customx4209

Haven't gone to OCS yet but I have had some experiences where I believe this line I learned could apply to OCS

When your right, your wrong, and when your wrong, your f&$#*d

LET73

Never give anything less than 100 percent.

Everything you do is a team evolution.

Drink the Kool-Aid.

SWCS242

SWO in-training
Don't take anything personally, or anything too seriously (you will go nuts if you do), it's just a game.

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
You will lose the athletic challenge.

The shit's rigged, they play softball more than once a week..not only against the graduating classes, but they are in a league together as well.