• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

One More...

btf79

I am set for commissioning in August, but my security clearance still hasn't come back yet. My command gave me an "interim"secret clearance, but could this hold up my TBS orders? My MOI has given me the impression that this could hold up the orders and my commissioning package as well. At the same time, I've heard other stories that lots of Lieutenants check in without a secret clearance, but as long as it shows up that one is in the works they are good to go. Any guidance out there on this one?

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
I've said this before in another thread almost exactly like this.

"TBS is almost exclusively classified G14 Top Secret. If you don't have it by the time you get there, you'll be filling sandbags until your clearance comes through. Usually about a year."

Don't stress about it.

jfulginiti

pilot
None
There is absolutely NOTHING secret about TBS.......... except maybe what goes on in the SPCs office while waiting on "the word". I don't remember having a clearance even started before going to TBS. I didn't start mine until after flight school.

PSno23

GEAUX TIGERS
pilot
I remember having to fill to go through those security clearances again at TBS and ensure everything was correct so you could get a clearance. So unless things have changed, you won't get your security clearance until some point during TBS (not that you'll need it before then, anyways).

Trev82

pilot
At the very beginning of the POI you'll be sitting in the auditorium and the lady who deals with the security clearances will call out all the lieutenants who are missing some or all of the info required to get the clearance. If you get called out then you go to her office and take care of it. Hey if you dont start you can always hang out in michelle co.

BarrettRC8

VMFA
pilot
At the very beginning of the POI you'll be sitting in the auditorium and the lady who deals with the security clearances will call out all the lieutenants who are missing some or all of the info required to get the clearance. If you get called out then you go to her office and take care of it. Hey if you dont start you can always hang out in michelle co.

Michelle ain't what it used to be. A drop from 350 LTs to 40 ensures a much heavier workload, i.e., working parties every day vs. once every two weeks.

And I hate you Tingle for being done.

skillz

as long as you don't have any felonies or some crazy shit on you record, you will be fine....just be prepared to run the geedunk until you leave.

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
as long as you don't have any felonies or some crazy shit on you record, you will be fine....just be prepared to run the geedunk until you leave.

There is no Lt. ran "geedunk" at TBS.

Do they still have that little coffee and snack place in the classrooms? They were remodeling that building when I was there. I guess when half the tiles are falling off the ceiling it is time to remodel, who knew?

Ric Hard

They still have it. Its called the fighting hole and it still sucks. By the time you get to the front of the line break is over and its time to go back to class.

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
They still have it. Its called the fighting hole and it still sucks. By the time you get to the front of the line break is over and its time to go back to class.
Glad to see things haven't changed a bit :D

PSno23

GEAUX TIGERS
pilot

Yes but are the ceiling tiles still falling? There was nothing quite like taking a test and being deep in thought only to get smacked on the head by falling debris.

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
"The word" is definitely 'secret', not much else.

Is "spring butt BINGO" still played?

Trev82

pilot
can't say i'm aware of that game but springbutts are definitely alive and kicking. I have a question for some of the more salty TBS grads anybody know what carrier quals are for mess night?