• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

One more reason why there will always be manned helicopters....

fattestfoot

In it for the naked volleyball
You all are such drama queens. If an antenna breaks, it's only on average a 67 min delay in the mission. Nothing happens in 67 minutes. You'll all be out of a job in 5 years, replaced by our new robotic overlords.

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor
I, for one, welcome our new...ah, forget it.

If they look like Kristanna Loken in T3, then I'm looking forward to the new robotic overlords

kristanna-loken-t-x-t3--large-msg-114717922143-2.jpg

KBayDog

While that's a nice thought, I'm more focused on the "being out of a job in five years" part of fattestfoot's post.

MasterBates

I wonder if I can get a job as a MQ-8B "pilot". I have plenty of experience launching late for MX off of small decks.

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor
Sorry, MB, once you crossed over to the world of non-swing-wing aircraft you have stepped away from the light!
The MQ-8B will be for the 1% that can't complete the HT's.....

KBayDog

Nah, it'll be for winged Aviators...and, thus, another way to take pilots out of the cockpit for an extended period of time.

(Provided that it doesn't keep busting the DC ADIZ, crashing, self-destructing, landing in the middle of shopping malls, etc. :) )

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Do you still get flight penetrated..ahem..violated if you're not actually in the drone that is busting the ADIZ/TFR?

Pags

N/A
pilot
Sorry, MB, once you crossed over to the world of non-swing-wing aircraft you have stepped away from the light!
...or for those assigned to HSC/HSM squadrons that are supporting dets on board LCS.