• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

One knife with your gear. Which one?

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Mark I Mod 0, standard issue in 1976 to all prospective Naval Aviators.
I remember one of the running jokes with the PRs was that there was a big warehouse, like the one from the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark, that was just full of these things because some supply person had accidentally put too many zeros on an order form several decades ago.

Waveoff

Per Diem Mafia
None
I keep a folding Spyderco salt native 5 in my bag for MPRA flights. Have I used it tactically? No, never. Did it come in ever come in handy? A bunch. Plus it was the only knife that didn't rust just sitting out in open humidity during my southcom deployment. Never gone through the trouble of getting it in my vest because its not essential, just a nice to have.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
We replaced ours with a SOG SEAL Pup. Kept it after we got back and now it lives on my hunting pack.
That would require an MMCO who was actually willing to get shit for people. Must have been nice . . .

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
Sooo, you slept in your flight suit, wore it out drinking, went to church and the beach in your flight suit?

You bet. Total war requires total commitment, right? Also, no beaches or bars on the boat, and a flight suit is just fine for church...

As soon as I posted, I knew someone wag would go for that low-hanging fruit... "Words mean things." ?

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
You bet. Total war requires total commitment, right? Also, no beaches or bars on the boat, and a flight suit is just fine for church...

As soon as I posted, I knew someone wag would go for that low-hanging fruit... "Words mean things." ?
Ah, you did say "active duty", not deployment. Sentences mean things. ;)

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
Ah, you did say "active duty", not deployment. Sentences mean things. ;)

:rolleyes: Good lord, you must be bored today. Or avoiding a "honey do" list. Technically "active duty" is words, not an entire sentence. But I'll play along for at least one more turn:

The knife lived in my flight suit 24/7, even while I wasn't wearing it. Turns out, not all places I went on liberty or leave were cool with me carrying a 4" automatic knife. Heck, I even moved the knife to a different flight suit when I was doing laundry, so I'd have something to wear to work when needed. Since leaving AD, I don't always carry the knife, but I do have it on my person for at least a portion of every day whether it's around the house, or at work. So my original post:

I carried a Benchmade Auto Triage in my flight suit pocket 24/7 on active duty. Still carry it every day.

...still works as written.

Last edited:

Pags

N/A
pilot
I had a benchmade auto knife for a bit but I never liked it's feel as much as my griptilian and then I lost it when I moved home from overseas. ☹️

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
:rolleyes: Good lord, you must be bored today. Or avoiding a "honey do" list. Technically "active duty" is words, not an entire sentence. But I'll play along for at least one more turn:

The knife lived in my flight suit 24/7, even while I wasn't wearing it. Turns out, not all places I went on liberty or leave were cool with me carrying a 4" automatic knife. Heck, I even moved the knife to a different flight suit when I was doing laundry, so I'd have something to wear to work when needed. Since leaving AD, I don't always carry the knife, but I do have it on my person for at least a portion of every day whether it's around the house, or at work. So my original post:

...still works as written.
Hope you know I am not serious. "Active duty" was in the sentance. Change active duty for deployment you changed the message of the sentance. That said, it does work when you consider the flight suit itself, in that it was never removed. Touche. I retire.

FlyinSpy

Mongo only pawn, in game of life...
Contributor
For Christmas, my wife ordered some socks from Bombas (which is apparently a sock company). When the shipment arrived, in the box with her socks was an unopened box containing a Gerber 06 Auto folder, retail price ~$170. My wife called the sock company and asked "What's up with the Murdering Knife you sent me?" They couldn't quite wrap their heads around what she was trying to tell them, and they said "We're not sure what you're talking about, but we didn't send you anything but socks."

Net result: A nice stocking stuffer for FlyinSpy.