• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

One knife with your gear. Which one?

Pags

N/A
pilot
Wow! Tough bunch here! I guess I’m the only one who really likes knives?? Do any of you actually carry a pocket knife in your day to day lives? In your vehicle?
I usually have a knife nearby. Don't want to break a nail opening an Amazon box.

That said, if you like knives and like what this guy can make, go get one. Who cares what a bunch of internet people think. Or go ask a knife forum. As you can tell, most pilots need a tool to open a beer not do some SERE stuff.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Wow! Tough bunch here! I guess I’m the only one who really likes knives?? Do any of you actually carry a pocket knife in your day to day lives? In your vehicle?
A serious option is a Benchmade Triage (automatic). Makes for a decent screwdriver and is a solid knife. The knife has a “gee-whiz” strap cutter. The army gave me one on my last tour and never asked for it back!

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Used to carry a small pocket knife daily (old boy scout), but my pockets are too full now. Between my phone, wallet, keys and EDC, no room for a daily knife. I have a 3 inch folding blade and my old dive knife in my truck. Other vehicles have smaller folders in the clove boxes.

GroundPounder

Used to carry a small pocket knife daily (old boy scout), but my pockets are too full now. Between my phone, wallet, keys and EDC, no room for a daily knife. I have a 3 inch folding blade and my old dive knife in my truck. Other vehicles have smaller folders in the clove boxes.

The ole clove box trick won't work, our dogs will still be able to detect the weed. :)

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
If it’s not a knife that’s approved on the PR gear list, then you will have to carry an approved knife plus this custom knife. At least the approved list has changed from only the old school combat knife to stuff like folding Spydercos, etc, but you’ll still need to carry two (or, you’re ‘supposed’ to carry them both) I personally always used the SOG fixed blade from the PR gear list.

I love knives, always have one in my pocket. Living OCONUS, I carry a small Boker non-locking pocketknife with a 3 inch blade. That’s pretty much legal anywhere in the world.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
A serious option is a Benchmade Triage (automatic). Makes for a decent screwdriver and is a solid knife. The knife has a “gee-whiz” strap cutter. The army gave me one on my last tour and never asked for it back!

I carried a Benchmade Auto Triage in my flight suit pocket 24/7 on active duty. Still carry it every day.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
So, I’m not trying to me a jerk but I asked a question about this thread and I’ll report it here.

Given that a survival knife is worthless for all communities, is there a single community that needs it less than TACAMO?

The answer of course is drones.
Depends on your definition of survival. Take for example this past Christmas. My mother sent me a gift so over-wrapped I needed my Benchmade to get in there. I mean it was me versus an adhesive jungle...slash, slash, stab, cuss, slash. I was looking right into to maw of a holiday without usual over-sized shirt gift...but I survived. I mean TACAMOs get gifts from their mothers...right?

Last edited: