• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

One knife with your gear. Which one?

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
For Christmas, my wife ordered some socks from Bombas (which is apparently a sock company). When the shipment arrived, in the box with her socks was an unopened box containing a Gerber 06 Auto folder
sNoSLN.gif

Pags

N/A
pilot
For Christmas, my wife ordered some socks from Bombas (which is apparently a sock company). When the shipment arrived, in the box with her socks was an unopened box containing a Gerber 06 Auto folder, retail price ~$170. My wife called the sock company and asked "What's up with the Murdering Knife you sent me?" They couldn't quite wrap their heads around what she was trying to tell them, and they said "We're not sure what you're talking about, but we didn't send you anything but socks."

Net result: A nice stocking stuffer for FlyinSpy.

View attachment 29434
Might have been left in there by the guy who did the packing. I recently got a box from Amazon that came with a used box cutter in it. I can only imagine that the warehouse guy spent the rest of the day wondering where his box cutter went.

hlg6016

A/C Wings Here
For Christmas, my wife ordered some socks from Bombas (which is apparently a sock company). When the shipment arrived, in the box with her socks was an unopened box containing a Gerber 06 Auto folder, retail price ~$170. My wife called the sock company and asked "What's up with the Murdering Knife you sent me?" They couldn't quite wrap their heads around what she was trying to tell them, and they said "We're not sure what you're talking about, but we didn't send you anything but socks."

Net result: A nice stocking stuffer for FlyinSpy.

View attachment 29434
Not on the packing list? That's a keeper. I once scored an IWB holster for a Sig that way.

FlyinSpy

Mongo only pawn, in game of life...
Contributor
Might have been left in there by the guy who did the packing. I recently got a box from Amazon that came with a used box cutter in it. I can only imagine that the warehouse guy spent the rest of the day wondering where his box cutter went.
That's a reasonable explanation - except this was New-in-Box, unopened. My best guess is that it "fell" into the sock box in some big fulfillment center somewhere, and some poor SOB who ordered it had an un-Merry Xmas. Or he got some socks. :)

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
Hope you know I am not serious. "Active duty" was in the sentance. Change active duty for deployment you changed the message of the sentance. That said, it does work when you consider the flight suit itself, in that it was never removed. Touche. I retire.

Neither was I. Should have adjusted my tone a bit, but I was going for playfully indignant.

Your exacting nature is noted though, and I’ll be watching. ;)

P.S. “Sentence”... :D

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Think I might have mentioned this once before on AW.. I was a collateral Duty PAO as an Ensign. I was, among other things, responsible for printing the change-of-command invitations for an at sea change of command. Although I did proofread the galleys I'm convinced that the type got sent wrong after ( old school movable type printer ). Anyway it ran and I didn't notice after the printing and distribution to all of the commanders on the ship. Skipper was mighty pissed off made me go around to all the senior officers on the ship and retrieve the invitation and apologize. Of course I was fired from PAO. Over the next 24 years I never had another Admin Dept job. Twenty-some years in operations and three or four in maintenance. In the end, the CO did not make me pay for it in a fitrep.