• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

On Warfighting: The Warrior Spirit

phrogpilot73

For the Marines on AW - do you closed loop detail your maintainers? Assuming you do, how well does it work?
In a short answer, yes. We do. And it works fine.

The longer answer - our MOS system is more akin to your NECs. So while you may have an AT that has a specific NEC - and they can be detailed to any job requiring an AT, the primary MOS of a Marine could be 6322 - "Aircraft Communications/Navigation Electrical Systems Technician, CH-46", and TECHNICALLY, he's a 63XX - he goes to jobs for a 6322, not a 63XX. If he goes on a B Billet (read, disassociated sea tour), he'll go to a generic MOS billet. But when he returns - he's headed to a billet for a 6322.

Clear as mud?

hscs

pilot
Phrog - thanks, makes sense - I think we do less of a good job on the Navy side - maybe something that could help us out. Sometimes it isn't the number of people that you have, but the type of people you have....

Renegade One

None
In a short answer, yes. We do. And it works fine.

The longer answer -...Clear as mud?
It is clear, and I'm glad to see you guys have figured this out a bit better than the Blue side (unless we've gotten better...).

Can I assume 1171s always go to a "Water Dog" billet? (just a little tip of the hat to TL...)

phrogpilot73

Can I assume 1171s always go to a "Water Dog" billet? (just a little tip of the hat to TL...)
I guess you could send ANY 11XX to the billet, but do you really want a 1141 (Electrician) or a 1161 (Refrigeration Mechanic) to make your water?!? Yup. Our system works 4.0.

jarhead

UAL CA; retired hinge
pilot
If you don't think there are issues with flying 8000 hours on jets originally designed for 6000 then you are mistaken. And that's just from my little corner of the world.
to add to your comment...

- The MC owns around 250 F/A-18A-D Hornets.
- The MC has 11 AD Hornets squadrons, one reserve squadron and an FRS.
- Nearly 80% of MC Hornets are over 6000 hours.
- Nearly 10% of MC Hornets are over 8000 hours.
- Hornets are now being SLEP'd to 10,000 hours (the required 200-400-600-800 hour inspections are going to be an ass-pain for mx)
- The last MC Hornet squadron is currently planned for FY 26...

S/F