• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Old Name Tags and Patches

eas7888

Looking forward to some P-8 action
pilot
Contributor
Hey guys, I have a few name tags and assorted patches that I've collected in my long and salty two years in the Navy. For those of you that have been around longer than I have ...

What have you done with all of your old name tags and squadron/shoulder patches?
I recall someone had an awesome coffee table made that was kind of a display box. It just seems like a wasted to throw them all in a box somewhere and let them gather dust. So, with all that, I hope there are a few people out there more creative than I am that might be able to show off something they have done.

Full disclosure, I did try searching, but after four pages of un-related threads, I got lazy.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Some people have their patches mounted and framed, then hang them on the wall.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
I have them all in random places......a helmet bag i dont use, a box in my garage, some were even found by my PR's in my gear bag recently.....there are probably even some in the pockets of a couple flight jackets I have never worn. Maybe 2-3 in an intake somewhere just waiting to FOD a motor.....

magnetfreezer

If you want something nonpermanent/easily expandable, get a piece of poly fleece (like the blankets) of the desired color, etc. Pins right to the wall and the velcro will stick to it. Or wait till you have a staff job and stick them on the fabric walls of your cubicle.

2sr2worry

Naval Aviation=world's greatest team sport
I used all the name tags from my first through last duty station as part of the decoration for my retirement shadow box.

jtdees

Puddle Jumper
pilot
Shadow box from Hobby Lobby, with green felt inside. Basically the same idea as the others. About time to get a second one started, actually.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I kept all my name patches and squadron patches, along with the throw back and unique deployment patches that were made by the crews I was on, and just stored them in a zip lock gallon bag over the years. For my retirement, I had a carpenter make a sea chest shadow box for me. On the underside lid I had him put the blue backing and I attached all my patches. Turned out pretty good. And a nice way to display them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alpha_Echo_606

Does not play well with others!™
Contributor
Hey guys, I have a few name tags and assorted patches that I've collected in my long and salty two years in the Navy. For those of you that have been around longer than I have ...

What have you done with all of your old name tags and squadron/shoulder patches?
I recall someone had an awesome coffee table made that was kind of a display box. It just seems like a wasted to throw them all in a box somewhere and let them gather dust. So, with all that, I hope there are a few people out there more creative than I am that might be able to show off something they have done.

Full disclosure, I did try searching, but after four pages of un-related threads, I got lazy.

Try this thread.

jtmedli

pilot
The picture frame/shadow box with felt is a good way to display them and fill up a wall. Good part is it kinda doubles as a storage place and you can pull one down to wear.

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
I have the coffee table which I've enjoyed. I've been commissioned only three years and only in the "fleet" for a few months but it's already full. Makes a great conversation piece. I actually got the idea from another board member who I knew personally, but I'm not sure he is active on the site anymore. I haven't been on in months, actually. I'll see if I can get a picture of the coffee table up here soon (if not, look through all my old posts and you'll see a picture of it somewhere around these parts). I have it filled with all the random patches, name tags, worn our ribbons, some memento type wings/ Ensign bars, command coins and general militaria in my career. Plus, it's cool to see your career and think about some of you friends all at once. I'm not huge on nice furniture given that we have to move so often, but I am glad I threw down for the table.

"G.I."

pilot

You should definitely check out 123patchmonkey.com for an great idea of what to do with your patches. They will turn them into the ultimate conversation pieces for you!