• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Old dog new tricks

Camperman

Hey guys, I've not seen any response for a while; I'd like to know if everyone's just being polite to refrain from a "You're too old" comment. I've heard firsthand too many aviators tell me to not give up on dreams etc. to let this dream die easily. My OSO would have me think it's a shut case, but I still see some grey between, "No one has ever been waived past 30" and "No one will ever be waived past 30". What would it take to demonstrate the leadership & drive necessary to get an air contract? I now plan to hit a 300 pft and no less; my run needs major improvement but I just hit 20 pull ups for the first time in years.

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
It's more that you have a great personal blog running and we didn't want to break your rhythm...

In all seriousness, what was the answer on your age? Seems like a nonstarter...

Camperman

Touche, it's been like that. Gotta keep a blog somewhere!

My OSO's saying age is knocking me out for air, and was backed up by another OSO in the same office. Hence I should probably think it's gone. But I still have in the back of my mind the needs of the Corps, etc., as these vary each gouge. It seems some years you can get in if you're Daffy Duck, and others it's so grim Chuck Yeager would be spit out.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Dude, you're kidding yourself if you're holding out for an age waiver. Chances of that happening are slim to none. Maybe nobody is being perfectly frank with you, but it's time for a gut check. There are lots of ways you can still serve - pursue the opportunities that you're qualified for. If that doesn't make you happy, then it's time to move on.