• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Old Diet Pepsi commercial

HeloBubba

SH-2F AW
Contributor
Shit. Do I get half-credit?? Half a cookie?? Give me another one...I love trivia!!

Half a credit since I can't feed a cookie to my computer. I'll give you another one...gotta try to make it Google-proof though...check back here in a bit.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Only communists and pedophiles drink Pepsi. And no self-respecting pilot would drink diet anything.

HeloBubba

SH-2F AW
Contributor
OK. Two trivia questions, both Navy Helo related:

1.) What was the shortest lived helicopter squadron (Established to Disestablished)? Redesignated squadrons don't count.

2.) What was the longest lived H-2 squadron (Established to Disestablished)? Again, redesignated squadrons don't count.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
One of our B/N's (and several pilots :)) used to fly w/ a can of COKE or two -- as we were NOT members of the Pepsi Generation -- and of course the inevitable finally happened to him ----

****** FSSSSSSSSSSSTTTTT ***** BOOM !!!!

Heheh! One of my friends and I did just about that in a light civil/FBO rental (at about 8,500 feet if I had to guess), but with small plastic coke bottles. It went something like this:

"These... are... really... hard... to... o-pen. There, got it, oh shiiiii..."
"Put the cap back on, put it back on!"
"I am, I am!"
"We are such... idiots..."
"Did you spill any?"
"Only on myself, none on the plane."
"Good."

@OP- nice post! Memories.

Flugelman

Contributor
Step-dad did something like that way back when... Remember the Thermos bottles with the cork stopper? On a cold winter trip north in his Bonanza he thought it would be good to have some hot coffee. Opened it at cruise altitude with predictable (but un-anticipated) results, coffee everywhere. But to compound the debacle, he puts the stopper back in at altitiude and guess what? He had to wait 'til the trip back to be able to open it, at altitude.

60flyer

Now a C-12 pilot
pilot
Contributor
OK. Two trivia questions, both Navy Helo related:

1.) What was the shortest lived helicopter squadron (Established to Disestablished)? Redesignated squadrons don't count.

2.) What was the longest lived H-2 squadron (Established to Disestablished)? Again, redesignated squadrons don't count.

ok...I'm on it...standby (although you may be standing by for a while)

60flyer

Now a C-12 pilot
pilot
Contributor
37 transitioned to H-60's in such a fashion as to not qualify them as the longest lived...HSL-33 was the answer I was looking for @ 20 years, 10 months.

ahhhh...I took it to mean any squadron that had flown the h-2. Oh well....I had a good time at work today looking this stuff up!!! :)