• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Old Boeing project

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Saw this on FB. So, Boeing “designs” a system to launch and recover a hypothetical jet that doesn’t even exist. This is some engineer’s masturbatory fantasy. I’d love to see the CONOP for this.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Berthing and briefing spaces for 44 people . . . on the top deck of a 747-200. Riiiiiiggggghhhhttt . . .

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
I've had my eyes opened to the fact that there are a lot of "trade studies" in the contract world. Many are solutions looking for a problem. Other than a few people charging some overhead line of accounting for their good idea fairy time spent, they die quietly. Also those efforts produce things like JDAM integration into the FA-18, HMD, MIDS, etc etc, often at the request of NAVAIR. Really too many good things to even begin to name. But for every actual good idea, there are probably 10 more that were stillborn. Innovation and all of that. Concur that this is an unrealistic pipe dream for anyone who has ever spent a day in a normal human squadron.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
I watched this video...fun but I think the LSO’s might have it tough.