• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OLD AGE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spin

SNA in Meridian
I wouldn't risk it unless you would be happy living out your days as an enlisted man (just incase). As with anything in life .... don't make a decision that you'd be miserable living with. Just my 2 cents.

kaiken82

To All in need of an age-waiver make sure your package is together ASAP, waivers up to but not including 29 are approved at district, therefore do not wait until two weeks before the Officer Review board meets to submit.... it will not get approved in time! Got boned because of this small oversight for OCC 184, stay ahead of the game guys!!

1devildoc

My husband was selected by the board for a pilot spot in OCC 184, but we found out today that the age waiver was denoed by MCRC, so he is out. So much for a year of working his ass off.

kaiken82

Got boned as well, found out friday that my age-waiver was denied at MCRC. I was shooting for the 185 class and at 28 yrs 11 mo I would have been over the cut-off of 29. I had a 283 pft, good work history, references, ppl etc. but according to my OSO the general at MCRC felt my package wasn't worth the gamble against list of young studs beating down their door right now!! Moral of the story, APPLY EARLY, APPLY OFTEN!!

Rayman

Originally posted by 1devildoc
My husband was selected by the board for a pilot spot in OCC 184, but we found out today that the age waiver was denoed by MCRC, so he is out. So much for a year of working his ass off.

What happened now to your husband? Is he applying for OCC185?

Kaiken, as long as you know that you have what it takes to be an officer, keep on applying. God speed!!!

1devildoc

Rayman,

He is reapplying for 185 ground. His age waiver has already been approved by MCRC. Now we just have to wait and see.

Rayman

That's good and nice to here. I hope that your hubby get it again without any hussles. Good luck to your husband!!!

napkin

I too am trying for an age waiver and OCC 185. The news isn't encouraging. I went to OCS in June 02 with an age waiver and NFO contract at age 32. Unfortunately I suffered from a severe case of shin splints and was sent packing. Ever since I've been trying to get back. I even switched districts. It's been a year and a half now, I've been thru two OSOs and two COs but don't seem to be any closer to another slot. Time is running out and I'm getting frustrated. I remember listening to Marine recruiters talk about perseverence, heart, desire, and how those who fail but try again are looked at favorably. Right now much of that rhetoric rings hollow as this "old guy" with a 276 PFT, NFO contract, and recommendations from two USMC officers can't even get a phone call returned. I hope somebody has better than I.

java

What's the oldest age, non-prior, that anyone has run into or been to get an air contract? Just wondering if it's even worth calling a recruiter since my only experience as a little ROTC.

Crowbar

None
Okay, bringing an old thread back to life. I thought it would be a disservice to start a whole new one and deprive people of the ability to read it start to finish. Anway...

Most of you may remember earlier this year when the Marine Corps said that 29 is the max age you can get a guarantee for. However, you can apply for waivers based on the "Whole Marine" concept. There was a form on MCRC website talked about it in great detail, yeah yeah. So, I expect to finish TBS the same month I turn 29, which means I won't start training until about 29.5 yrs or so, roughly. Friday I got my letter from MCRC saying I had been approved for SNFO, must first complete The Basic School, so on and so forth.

Now, remember, this is an SNFO slot for FY05. But I just thought it would be worth passing on, maybe it can help somebody or keep the hope alive for somebody for them to keep trying. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.