• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Old Age

Status
Not open for further replies.

hobe

So I'm going to be nearly 27 by the time I'm done with OCS around June '03 which makes me just about as old as a non-prior service pilot candidate can get. My question is this... Am I going to feel like Grandpa throughout training and for my pay grade for the rest of my career? I can handle that, but I just want to know what to expect.

hawkdocfmf

Dont feel bad, I am 33 and heading to OCS in November. I am active duty now but I will be a 33 year old Ensign. Just remember there will be us old farts out there either the OCS route or the LDO route.

jwilliamsee

I wish I was 27..I'm 29 now and will be starting flight school around 30. I am kind of defining the limits of age for SNA.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Hobe, don't worry about the age difference, there will be people there in the same boat as you, many of them the prior enlisted bubbas.

jjitaly2001

I will be nearly 35 when I finish OCS. I know I'll be the oldest guy in my class. I just hope they don't call me "Pappy".

John - OCS 07 December

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I agree with Rob, I would call you gramps also! jk with ya, just roll with the punches [:D]

-- John

robv182

Gotta have the Nutz
None
I just wanted to rub it in John because I thought I was going to be the oldest one in our class at 30 and that I am from the government and am here to help. Rob

elzie44

Hopefully someday soon I'll be the oldest in my class at 34+. At least as a SSgt of Marines I was well prepared in the art dealing with company grades. The real trick will be dealing with the DI's I'm sure they love prior Marines crossing over to the dark side.

Elzie44

marcb747

Now I feel good. Knowing I'm not the only thirty-something in my class. I'm 30 coming into OCS. :)

Hey John and Rob, how are you guys coming along the memorization and PRT?

Marc - December 7 OCS

robv182

Gotta have the Nutz
None
I am doing good on both. I study while I am at the gym, but I have yet to see if I can recall anything from the front lean and rest position with a DI in my face. I just took my PFA and scored an overall good medium. If I had done a little better on the run, I would have moved into the good high. I run about a 11:30 to 12:00 mile and a half and for the out PFA we only need a 11:15 for the over 30 age group. I am not sweating it too much. I really hate running, but I guess it is a necessary evil. Talk to ya later, rob

grouch

Originally posted by marcb747

Hey John and Rob, how are you guys coming along the memorization and PRT?

Marc - December 7 OCS

Memorization? What the hell, they are thirty, not dead!!!! I will be 29 and I resent.....tha..tha..now what was I saying? [:D]

robv182

Gotta have the Nutz
None
Don't be jealous just cause we get some extra time on the run and don't be mad if you get your lunch money taken.

Status
Not open for further replies.