• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Oil Changing instructions. Man vs. Woman

Godspeed

His blood smells like cologne.
pilot
Got a good kick out of this...

Oil Change instructions for Women:
1) Pull up to Jiffy Lube when the mileage reaches 3000 miles since the last oil change.
2) Drink a cup of coffee.
3) 15 minutes later, write a check and leave with a properly maintained vehicle.
Money spent:
Oil Change $20.00
Coffee $1.00
Total $21.00
=========================================================

Oil Change instructions for Men:
1) Wait until Saturday, drive to auto parts store and buy a case of oil, filter, kitty litter, hand cleaner and a scented tree, write a check for $50.00.
2) Stop by 7/11 and buy a case of beer, write a check for $20, drive home.
3) Open a beer and drink it.
4) Jack car up. Spend 30 minutes looking for jack stands.
5) Find jack stands under kid's pedal car.
6) In frustration, open another beer and drink it.
7) Place drain pan under engine.
8) Look for 9/16 box end wrench.
9) Give up and use crescent wrench.
10) Unscrew drain plug.
11) Drop drain plug in pan of hot oil: splash hot oil on you in process. Cuss.
12) Crawl out from under car to wipe hot oil off of face and arms. Throw kitty litter on spilled oil.
13) Have another beer while watching oil drain.
14) Spend 30 minutes looking for oil filter wrench.
15) Give up; crawl under car and hammer a screwdriver through oil filter and twist off.
16) Crawl out from under car with dripping oil filter splashing oil everywhere from holes. Cleverly hide old oil filter among trash in trash can to avoid environmental penalties. Drink a beer.
17) Install new oil filter making sure to apply a thin coat of oil to gasket surface.
18) Dump first quart of fresh oil into engine.
19) Remember drain plug from step 11.
20) Hurry to find drain plug in drain pan.
21) Drink beer.
22) Discover that first quart of fresh oil is now on the floor. Throw kitty litter on oil spill.
23) Get drain plug back in with only a minor spill. Drink beer.
24) Crawl under car getting kitty litter into eyes. Wipe eyes with oily rag used to clean drain plug. Slip with stupid crescent wrench tightening drain plug and bang knuckles on frame removing any excess skin between knuckles and frame.
25) Begin cussing fit.
26) Throw stupid crescent wrench.
27) Cuss for additional 5 minutes because wrench hit bowling trophy.
28) Beer.
29) Clean up hands and bandage as required to stop blood flow.
30) Beer.
31) Dump in five fresh quarts of oil.
32) Beer.
33) Lower car from jack stands.
34) Move car back to apply more kitty litter to fresh oil spilled during steps any missed steps.
35) Beer.
36) Test drive car.
37) Get pulled over: arrested for driving under the influence.
38) Car gets impounded.
39) Call loving wife, make bail.
40) 12 hours later, get car from impound yard.
Money spent:
Parts $50.00
DUI $2500.00
Impound fee $75.00
Bail $1500.00
Beer $20.00
Total -- $4,145.00
But you know the job was done right!

Jameski

Samsonite... I was WAY off!!
This is scary how close this hits reality! Especially since I just changed mine this past week and had many of the same events happen...mostly the beer drinking! :)

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Who the hell puts their vehicle on jackstands to do an oil change? :D

Brett

michaels601

Simba Barracuda.
yeah, that's actually REALLY close to exactly how my last oil change went. no DUI, happy to report (no test drive too, if that's worth mentioning).

one happy addition to the list from my experience, though, used my gym towel to clean up about a quart of scalding oil from my hands, face, and chest (mistakes were made), and i still use the towel. so after every trip to the gym, i smell like sweat and 5W-30. damn manly, i say.

a_m

Still learning how much I don't know.
None
I find this completely wrong. $13 for me to do it. Never found any lube place that does it for less than $25. I save my beer drinking for after I work on my car.

BurghGuy

Master your ego, and you own your destiny.
Im with Matt on this one. My fiance just took her car to a jiffy lube (she was up in Pittsburgh, so I couldnt do it) and it cost her like $30+, and more than 15 min to note. I buy whole cases of oil, which saves a ton in the long run, and any man worth his rocks knows where his tools are at all times (the TV remote still eludes me however...) So then all you need to do is buy a new filter: $5, when you go to pick up a case of beer - $10-$15. So I save at least $10, get away from the nagging, get slightly drunk, and "putz around" with my truck. It's a no brainer. Plus, men don't need instructions on how to change oil, it's instinct. Any man who lacks the basic knowledge of how to change the oil in his own car is scarecly a man at all.

Oh, and goose, its the difference in taste, not smell...

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
Godspeed said:
Oil Change instructions for Men:
1) Wait until Saturday, drive to auto parts store and buy a case of oil, filter, kitty litter, hand cleaner and a scented tree, write a check for $50.00.
2) Stop by 7/11 and buy a case of beer, write a check for $20, drive home.

Any man who writes a check when he can use cash or credit is queerbait. This is not debatable.

gregsivers

damn homeowners' associations
pilot
Thisguy said:
Any man who writes a check when he can use cash or credit is queerbait. This is not debatable.

Amen. I can't stand being behind the old ladies in the grocery store who insist on writing a check.

michaels601

Simba Barracuda.
BurghGuy said:
Oh, and goose, its the difference in taste, not smell...

this man is on the right page.

i still have the 'thanks for opening your checking account' checkbook, it's got looney tunes characters on the checks. tells you how many i go through.

Kycntryboy

pilot
Tangent.... What the hell is with these "older" towns that refuse to accept debit/credit cards, I hate going away from my city (don't carry cash anymore). Or places like Waffle House, in my case, that won't accept said cards but you can pay in their "ATM looking machine" which charges you two bucks just to pay for the meal... wtf? Also agree Man + Checkbook = Queer. Ok, end of threadjack... let's get it on.

This is true. Mmm, carcinogens.

more like Mmm, cancer...I like my oil how I like my women

thick, slippery, and wet :tongue2_1 :eek: ;)

Anywho, uhh I know plenty of males that use checkbooks, mainly business-types though. They're either one of two things 1) Rich ******* with nothing to do but write sh!t out and take you time in line or 2) Old fashioned.... I personally only use my debit and when I got cash...it just seems fast and easy compared to writing sh!t out, no one can read my chicken-scratch anyways....

a_m

Still learning how much I don't know.
None
Well, I haven't been changing my oil long enough to get cancer, just to get covered in delicious carcinogens.