• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Officer Interviews

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
I was at Oregon for several years then transferred to Univ. North Dakota for Air Traffic Control. I grew up in Eugene and am a huge duck fan. I always try to error to the side of most-respectful as possible (always worked with a girl's father :rolleyes:). Seems funny he's a recruiter at Ltjg, I haven't met him in person yet, but he just got back from his first cruise. Is this common to go into recruiting that early in your career?

Sounded kinda junior to me too......though I guess SWO's could be done with their first tour prior to the 4 yr/LT mark. Anyway, cool, I grew up in Eugene as well, though I was a Beaver for college. I'm home visiting right now, and it is damn cold after coming from socal.

TAMR

is MIDNIGHT
pilot
None
Sounded kinda junior to me too......though I guess SWO's could be done with their first tour prior to the 4 yr/LT mark. Anyway, cool, I grew up in Eugene as well, though I was a Beaver for college.
Not to highjack this post, but where in Eugene did you grow up? Yeah my recruiter is a Beaver.

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
Well the interviewed was canceled due to a work conflict by the prospective candidate. So, it'll probably happen some time this week. I don't work in recruiting but I help them out when needed. Will post when I've done it and any pointers i can think of.

Definitely dress the part if able. Roger limitations for younger folk who probably don't have a suit, just do what you can. Given the weather we've been having, I'm thinking if this guy shows up in Sorrel boots, a North Face fleece and a big parka that he'd be dressed up well enough!

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
. Given the weather we've been having, I'm thinking if this guy shows up in Sorrel boots, a North Face fleece and a big parka that he'd be dressed up well enough!
4.0 for headwork if nothing else, eh?

exNavyOffRec

There is a lot of miss-information out there about officer/former officer/senator/congresmen interviews, things have changed drastically in the past 3 years.

Community interview are required for certain programs CEC, DCO's, some Medical/Dental. They are not required for other OCS programs and before you knock yourself out looking for someone to do one you need to ask yourself if the writeup will include one of the following 2 phrases.

1. Mr/Ms has worked for me for XXXXXX
2. I have known Mr/Ms for XXXXXX

The feedback from the boards is that is what they are looking for, they don't really care about an officer/senator/etc.. interview that does not include the above, they are looking for info on the individuals character and employment history, an interview where the interviewer spends 30 minutes with a person cannot accomplish this and that is why the board sent this info out to the field.

I had an applicant that disagreed with me and decided to do them anyway, the individual had 2 flag interviews, one O-6 interview and one from a past employer, the individual was not selected, the same board selected another of my individuals that had just 3 employer LOR and a lower GPA and OAR.