• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Officer Candidate Definition

EM1toNFO

Killing insurgents with my 'messages'!!
None
Being the highest ranking officer candidate is like being the tallest midget

so true! friends and family ask what I'm doing now, i tell them thanks for the pay along with my education... that I'm a paid college student that "plays" navy once a week.

navy09

None
What does your ID say? If it says PO1/E6, act like it. Especially if some little sh*t Corporal is trying to walk all over you. I know I was never told to change my ID to OC/E6, and my eval reflects that I am still a First Class Petty Officer until I either screw up big time or get commissioned. As was said before, we're all in this sh*t together and at the end of it all, everyone's going for a commission and starting at the bottom all over again, so to speak. I can't even believe this is an issue at your unit. I've been around some cocky Marines, but this is ridiculous.

This. Yeah, they call you OC and you wear khakis, but you're still an active duty Petty Officer (probably 1st or 2nd class). If you're accepting any less respect from the MECEPs than they give a Sgt or SSgt, then it's really more your problem than theirs.

Also agree with telling them to fuck off. It's a simple enough message, even most Marines can understand it.

HueyCobra8151

pilot
Everyone should be on relatively equal footing.

Ultimately when I went through, our shit-bird MECEP SSgt (who transferred to the Navy, go figure) was treated like shit by everyone, our squared away OC's were treated with respect by everyone, and our shit-bird OC's complained about how they didn't get enough respect.

I did have to rudder-steer a few MECEPs though. I think more than a few didn't think about the fact that a freshman Sgt/SSgt will be outranked by that Junior/Senior Midshipman he is looking down for the rest of their respective careers.

jmcquate

Contributor
I broke an ankle during PLC Jr. and even though I was recycled into the following summer's class, I was mailed a discharge certificate at the rank of Private. But that was way back in 1984.

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
If they let themselves get walked on by someone else their rank is the least of their problems....