• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

ODS AMA (Doc's, Nurses, JAGs, AMDOs, DCO's and others you'll be coming here!)

AU_Aviation

I'm here at ODS now if anyone has any questions; we're about to start week two tomorrow. We are not wearing the track suits, just the sweats and the silver lettering pt gear.
Good to hear, I'm in the class right after you.

For those that arrive on the Saturday prior to Sunday report date/time, did you go straight from the airport to King Hall to check in, or did you stay in a hotel for the night? If you go straight to base, what did you do for your meals prior to class starting?

Just trying to get as much ready and prepared on my side prior to reporting.

Duffy31

Good to hear, I'm in the class right after you.

For those that arrive on the Saturday prior to Sunday report date/time, did you go straight from the airport to King Hall to check in, or did you stay in a hotel for the night? If you go straight to base, what did you do for your meals prior to class starting?

Just trying to get as much ready and prepared on my side prior to reporting.
We took an Uber on Saturday to the base. There is a taxi service that can drive onto base but I can't remember the name of it. You can check into King Hall starting at 1800 on Saturday. You need to fend for yourself for dinner, I'd advise getting food before you come here. You'll check in on the quarterdeck and then go up to your room to unpack. The rest of the evening is yours to meet the rest of your class and sign up for any collateral duty you might want. There will be a sign in sheet with descriptions of the jobs there as well. Training starts at 1300 on Sunday so you could hypothetically stay in a hotel Saturday night before you check in on Sunday.

AU_Aviation

We took an Uber on Saturday to the base. There is a taxi service that can drive onto base but I can't remember the name of it. You can check into King Hall starting at 1800 on Saturday. You need to fend for yourself for dinner, I'd advise getting food before you come here. You'll check in on the quarterdeck and then go up to your room to unpack. The rest of the evening is yours to meet the rest of your class and sign up for any collateral duty you might want. There will be a sign in sheet with descriptions of the jobs there as well. Training starts at 1300 on Sunday so you could hypothetically stay in a hotel Saturday night before you check in on Sunday.
Thanks for the feedback. I had planned on checking in on Saturday evening, but just wanted to double check on what others had done after arriving and prior to 1300 on Sunday.

If you have any helpful intel to share it would be appreciated.

Duffy31

Sure thing. I'll keep some updates coming. Today was the first day we wore NWUs and did PT. After the morning PT it was just meals and classes... First week we did mostly admin and medical stuff along with the third class swim test. Today went by pretty quick though and the hardest part was just staying awake in class.

ABMD

Bullets don't fly without Supply
Sure thing. I'll keep some updates coming. Today was the first day we wore NWUs and did PT. After the morning PT it was just meals and classes... First week we did mostly admin and medical stuff along with the third class swim test. Today went by pretty quick though and the hardest part was just staying awake in class.
still no caffeine allowed?

number9

Contributor
It looks like we just lost one student to the split option and gained another. While I didn't do the split option, a few people have asked me about it -- so I can confirm it does exist...

3onaMatch

It looks like we just lost one student to the split option and gained another. While I didn't do the split option, a few people have asked me about it -- so I can confirm it does exist...
Apologies if this has already been discussed, but can you briefly explain what the split option is?

Thanks!

number9

Contributor
Apologies if this has already been discussed, but can you briefly explain what the split option is?

Thanks!
You come for the first three weeks, complete those, then leave. Then you come back later and complete the last two weeks of a later class.

As the former Guru attested, it's mostly used for medical people. I believe both the people in my class are physicians...

3onaMatch

You come for the first three weeks, complete those, then leave. Then you come back later and complete the last two weeks of a later class.

As the former Guru attested, it's mostly used for medical people. I believe both the people in my class are physicians...
Copy. Thanks!