• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

ODS AMA (Doc's, Nurses, JAGs, AMDOs, DCO's and others you'll be coming here!)

AU_Aviation

The latest ODS uniform list can be found here: link. It actually includes the parka that @Squirrel Girl mentioned.
The packing list you linked to isn't on the ODS page right now. When navigating to the "Packing List" tab on this page it looks similar but slightly different. I had planned on the Jan 2022 items already, just curious if things are changing for the FY23 classes or not.

number9

Contributor
The packing list you linked to isn't on the ODS page right now. When navigating to the "Packing List" tab on this page it looks similar but slightly different. I had planned on the Jan 2022 items already, just curious if things are changing for the FY23 classes or not.
That's weird. I just googled "ODS packing list" and it's the one that shows up. When I get my official "Welcome to ODS class of January 2023" email, I'll link whatever list they provide.

Squirrel Girl

That's weird. I just googled "ODS packing list" and it's the one that shows up. When I get my official "Welcome to ODS class of January 2023" email, I'll link whatever list they provide.
Look, that list also said tracksuit, but that clearly wasn't what we wore. I'm just giving the updated info CAO NOV 2022 vs JAN 2022. We gave course feedback saying the packing list was jacked up because a lot of us came with uniform items we couldn't wear. It also doesn't say women can wear the tuck-in shirts, but you can aside from inspection.

Bring what you own, but know you may or may not be able to wear it outside of King

Last edited:

AU_Aviation

I received an email last week that my request for a seat in ODS Class 23030 was approved. How long before I should receive additional communication from ODS on more details, and when I can complete orders within NROWS? Just trying to figure out how long to wait before I start making some phone calls or sending out emails.

Also, is there a limit to the number of guests that can attend the graduation ceremony?

Squirrel Girl

I received an email last week that my request for a seat in ODS Class 23030 was approved. How long before I should receive additional communication from ODS on more details, and when I can complete orders within NROWS? Just trying to figure out how long to wait before I start making some phone calls or sending out emails.

Also, is there a limit to the number of guests that can attend the graduation ceremony?
Reach out to your unit regarding ODS timeline. I built my NROWS about 2 months out, but didn't get hard orders until 48 hours and was scrambling to do my DTS. Your unit and NRC can help you here.

During the last class (23010), we were allowed 3 guests per person. Any unused seats were reallocated to those who needed more seats. Everyone was able to bring the amount of people they wanted because of how it was set up.

number9

Contributor

I've been admitted to the 22JAN2023 class for about six weeks now and haven't heard much. Last week I was able to create my application for orders in NROWS, but that's it so far.

Explorer

I've been admitted to the 22JAN2023 class for about six weeks now and haven't heard much. Last week I was able to create my application for orders in NROWS, but that's it so far.
I’ll see you there.

I forwarded my orders in NROWS last week. Not likely to see anything moving until after this week with holiday leave and all.

cecseabee

Most likely it’ll be last minute by the time your orders are fund approved and you can book travel in DTS. Let me know if u have any questions about ods. I was in class 22060.

cecseabee

I have my request submitted for Class 23030. I know it is going to be cold, but I want to get the class completed as soon as I can. I have already started drilling with my training unit, so I have a few set of the NWU uniform. Any suggestions on what to try and purchase prior to arriving at ODS? Sounds like things might be changing for this fiscal year based on the parka advice above and note about the sweat suit instead of the fitness suit.
Honestly you’ll get everything in the uniform shop early on. I had all my uniforms and it was a pain to travel with. Better off showing up with just the basics and buy it there. You all wear the same PT stuff until NWUs get issued for everyone at once. Good luck in the cold I went in the summer

number9

Contributor
I’ll see you there.

I forwarded my orders in NROWS last week. Not likely to see anything moving until after this week with holiday leave and all.
About a week after my last post, my orders showed up in DTS and I was able to route them. Just FYI.

delilah1628

Hello all,

Anyone have insight on content and logistics at NM 101 in Bethesda following ODS? Can't find much on the website to plan around class. I'm brand new to the Navy. Wondering if they put students up at the Navy Lodge or off base, if the hours are similar to ODS, etc. I'm assuming the course itself may be more death by powerpoint. Apologies if I missed this and its already discussed in the thread somewhere.

Rudy.30

For reserve folks...does your active duty time start on the first day of ODS, or the travel day before?
Travel day. Make sure your orders reflect that when you push them through NROWS. Most of the time I have to adjust the start date to reflect the travel day.

TheClyde

Travel day. Make sure your orders reflect that when you push them through NROWS. Most of the time I have to adjust the start date to reflect the travel day.
Thanks, was curious if you could use drill periods for the travel, that's what spurred the question.