• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

ODS AMA (Doc's, Nurses, JAGs, AMDOs, DCO's and others you'll be coming here!)

I know we get our uniforms at ODS; however, can I bring incomplete sets? For example, I have SDBs but no cover. Should I get the cover beforehand or is that not necessary? Similarly, I have 2 khaki tops but just 1 pair of pants. Thanks in advance.

Rudy.30

I know we get our uniforms at ODS; however, can I bring incomplete sets? For example, I have SDBs but no cover. Should I get the cover beforehand or is that not necessary? Similarly, I have 2 khaki tops but just 1 pair of pants. Thanks in advance.
You will go to the uniform shop as a group and can buy what you need. Some people show up with everything and others show up with nothing. Don’t worry about it too much.

LawDawg740

Question: What is the tobacco use policy while attending ODS?

Specifically cigarettes. Is smoking limited to certain times/places throughout the day, or is entirely restricted the entire time you are there? If the latter, can you use smoking cessation products such as the patch, nicotine gum, etc.?
Depends on how sneaky you are ;)

I never had, nor did I hear of any locker shake downs at ODS.

Rudy.30

Depends on how sneaky you are ;)

I never had, nor did I hear of any locker shake downs at ODS.
Oh we had one... They will check your lockers constantly to make sure they are locked and set on 0. We had a guy on my wing that left his unlocked and they tossed his whole room, then we went to the sand pit.. It happens.

• Haha
Reactions: RJS

LawDawg740

Oh we had one... They will check your lockers constantly to make sure they are locked and set on 0. We had a guy on my wing that left his unlocked and they tossed his whole room, then we went to the sand pit.. It happens.

Did the team actually open lockers and shake down items? My experience and what I heard for eons is if your things stay locked, they’re yours.

Can confirm the importance of leaving locks set on zero lol

Rudy.30

Did the team actually open lockers and shake down items? My experience and what I heard for eons is if your things stay locked, they’re yours.

Can confirm the importance of leaving locks set on zero lol
They only went in them if they were unlocked.

Squirrel Girl

Just graduated ODS - they are back to the silver lettering sweats due to stocking issues with the fitness suit (OCS got to wear the fitness suit though) - unclear what the January class will be doing. If you are able to borrow someone's sweats I would try to bring a set to avoid spending $$. Still no "forged by the sea," and we were only allowed short sleeve PT shirts. NO dry-fit shirts either. It really sucked showing up with serviceable uniforms and being told we were not allowed to wear them aside from doing laundry. If you check in early, run, do not walk, to Davy Jones locker and see if you can grab some items (laundry, hair products, some uniform items, shoe kits, fans, soaps, stationary).

Additionally, you will need the Article 3501.1b Cold Weather Parka with liner (the black one) - this was a cost I was not expecting and I had brought the All-Weather Double Breasted Coat, which we did not wear. This parka will be worn with every uniform every week in every weather below 60 degrees and/or when raining.

Last edited:

number9

Contributor
Additionally, you will need the Article 3501.1b Cold Weather Parka with liner (the black one) - this was a cost I was not expecting and I had brought the All-Weather Double Breasted Coat, which we did not wear. This parka will be worn with every uniform every week in every weather below 60 degrees and/or when raining.
Are you referring to needing this parka? https://www.mynavyexchange.com/navy-cold-weather-black-parka/12840532

Thanks for the updated gouge!

AU_Aviation

I have my request submitted for Class 23030. I know it is going to be cold, but I want to get the class completed as soon as I can. I have already started drilling with my training unit, so I have a few set of the NWU uniform. Any suggestions on what to try and purchase prior to arriving at ODS? Sounds like things might be changing for this fiscal year based on the parka advice above and note about the sweat suit instead of the fitness suit.

number9

Contributor
I have my request submitted for Class 23030. I know it is going to be cold, but I want to get the class completed as soon as I can. I have already started drilling with my training unit, so I have a few set of the NWU uniform. Any suggestions on what to try and purchase prior to arriving at ODS? Sounds like things might be changing for this fiscal year based on the parka advice above and note about the sweat suit instead of the fitness suit.
The latest ODS uniform list can be found here: link. It actually includes the parka that @Squirrel Girl mentioned.