• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

ODS AMA (Doc's, Nurses, JAGs, AMDOs, DCO's and others you'll be coming here!)

number9

Contributor
I won't hear if I got picked up until September/October, but I started working out a few months ago in preparation for the PRT if I am lucky enough to be selected.

At ODS, what score do you require to pass the PRT? Is it simply a "satisfactory medium", or (like OCS) do you need to do significantly better than just passing? I'm in the "male, 35-39, sea level" bracket.

ABMD

Bullets don't fly without Supply
I won't hear if I got picked up until September/October, but I started working out a few months ago in preparation for the PRT if I am lucky enough to be selected.

At ODS, what score do you require to pass the PRT? Is it simply a "satisfactory medium", or (like OCS) do you need to do significantly better than just passing? I'm in the "male, 35-39, sea level" bracket.
If it's anything like DCOIC was years ago, it doesn't count and it's just to get you familiar with the PRT. Even then, they criticized those who didn't do pushups/situps for the entire 2 minutes.

number9

Contributor
If it's anything like DCOIC was years ago, it doesn't count and it's just to get you familiar with the PRT. Even then, they criticized those who didn't do pushups/situps for the entire 2 minutes.
Thanks! If anyone has more recent experience, I'd love to hear about it.

fieldrat

Fully Qualified 1815
Will I be able to stay on top of my gnarly nicotine addiction? Us prior enlisted folk sure enjoy our Cope...
Maybe just purchase some Nicotine patches? I think they're sold over-the-counter. Same goes for caffeine, in case "coffee is secured"...

I2N

What is a typical Sat/Sun like at ODS? Are there recreational rooms/buildings available with TVs? What are the cellphone privileges? Any off-base time during weeks 4/5?

NuocH2O

How’s ODS during the winter? Looking to schedule for January 2022. Any insight/input is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

ABMD

Bullets don't fly without Supply
How’s ODS during the winter? Looking to schedule for January 2022. Any insight/input is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

COLD and windy. Not sure if you will get liberty, but I imagine Newport is dead in Jan/Feb.

AU_Aviation

Any more recent guidance out there? Still waiting on my COMMDOCS to arrive, but my OR told me expect to be at ODS this Fall. I'm not sure if that is wishful thinking or not, but I don't have any reason not to believe him at this point.