• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Oders to P-COLA

beebs112001

MY Fiance and I were wondering what the timeline was like after you graduated TBS. When do you actually leave for P-COLA? I know it varies between each person but I was just looking around for an estimate. Also If anyone knows about secial leave/liberty at flight school for a wedding? Any answers would be appriciated.

I arrive for TBS on OCT. 22 and will graduate in April sometime.

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
Most Marines do IFS near Quantico so most Marines stick around after TBS graduation for 2 or 3 months. If you're IFS complete or are one of the few who score an IFS seat in Florida, then you're chopped to head to Florida as soon as you graduate. You get 3 days travel and 4 days proceed to get to Florida.

FYI, TBS admin doesn't even ask you if you want delay (orders jargon for leave). A bunch of guys who locked on a carrier move based on the NLT date on our initial web orders had to agitate for a later report date so most of us got 7 more days.

Ric Hard

If you graduate Oct 22 and are extremely motivated you can hope to get done with IFS before the Christmas break.

jfulginiti

pilot
None
MY Fiance and I were wondering what the timeline was like after you graduated TBS. When do you actually leave for P-COLA? I know it varies between each person but I was just looking around for an estimate. Also If anyone knows about secial leave/liberty at flight school for a wedding? Any answers would be appriciated.

I arrive for TBS on OCT. 22 and will graduate in April sometime.

I worked at MATSG for 6 months in 2006, specifically with all the 2ndLt's checking in.

Are you a pilot or NFO? If you are a pilot, you'll probably have 1-3 months wait before you start API (depending on if you are IFS complete or not)...... therefore, you should have time between checking into MATSG and starting API to have your wedding. If you're an NFO, you'll probably start shortly after checking in. No guarantees though.

If I were you, I would plan the wedding for the same week/weekend as your TBS graduate. Your family is going to be there anyway so you may as well get it over with.

AJVC17USMC

If the MOC is still anything like it used to be then there are always close to a hundred Lieutenants waiting to start API. There will be someone to take your place. It goes by class rank too. So aim low and you should start alot later. Just kidding do well. If your a SNFO get PTAD somewhere and save yourself the leave. Gotta love holiday leave period marriages. Thats what my wife and I did. I dont recomend it. Or just elope and spend the money you were going to on your wedding and have an awesome honey moon. Sorry if none of this makes sense. I probably shouldnt offer advice while coming off an evening duty.

yodaears

pilot
My advice would be to try and get IFS (if you need to do it) done before you start TBS. Six months at TBS gets real old and you are going to want to get down to Pcola ASAP. So completing IFS in quantico would enable you to just leave once you graduate. As far as the pcola time line goes, well, it depends. I waited four days before I started API and had no wait between API and primary. Completed primary in about six months, maybe a bit more, and am now looking to start advanced in krock in Feb (my longest wait to date of four months).

There is a possibility that IFS in VA is no longer an option, I don't know. In that case disregard everything I said and enjoy Pcola. You will be there a long, long time.