• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

odds of getting jets???

Status
Not open for further replies.

petescheu

FBA- Well I suppose you can be arrogant all you want. A bit of friendly advice though man, all it's going to do is alienate you in the end from the rest of your piers. No one likes a jackass, especially not an arrogant one. It's great to have goals, just don't think you've already got bars and wings when you haven't earned either yet. It's a long road.
Make sure though that you do us all a favor and don't be that jackass that DORs when he get's helos because he thinks jets is the be-all-end-all of life. Or DORs right before selection because he knows his NSS isn't high enough to get jets (yes, that happened at my old squadron, it was very, very, very bad). Don't waste the instructors time or the taxpayers hard earned money... If you'd rather be a desk driver in the 9-5 rat race than fly a helo, you got a seriously jacked up view on life.
Oh, and since I did my mile swim in under 10 minutes, can I get 10 points added on to my NSS please? Someone help me out here... And BTW, we had a pet monkey (it was actually the "Hooked On Monkey Phonics" monkey, for anyone that knows what I'm talking about) that ran our turbine on the -6. Wanna back me up here Vic? He still played the drums though while we flew around, spunky little fella.

Squid

F U Nugget
pilot
WTF. that is the funniest thing I've heard all day.... monkey phonics... haha

and yes, don't alienate yourself from platforms extending from a shore over water and supported by piles or pillars, used to secure, protect, and provide access to ships or boats. better yet, don't alienate yourself from your peers j/k

towbubba

boot 46 pilot
Anyone know how long it takes to get through advanced for jets. I don't want to miss the next war in school. I heard 11-13 month but someone else who is there said it will take him about 17month. What's the word on that? And if you have an idea of some of the highlights like ACM or PA's lot's of solos trash like that.

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
Tow,

Did you not get my post or just not trust me. There is no longer an intermediate and Advanced pipeline. That was with the old T-2 / T-45. That program took from 18-24 months. TS is the only pipeline for Jets now. It takes roughly 11-13 months. There are a bunch of solos. ACM, FAM, CQ, FORMS, etc, etc...

Dave

petescheu

Kingsville is about 10 months or so. Heard Meridian is longer, esp if you go through the T-2 deal. 40 hours of solo time required in the 45 according to the MCG. You do lots of stuff, guns, ONAV, 2 and 3 ship ACM, TAC Form, 4 ship form, night form, CQ, etc etc. Supposed to have a bit over 300 FCLPs before you get done. Just some of the stuff.

towbubba

boot 46 pilot
Thanks guys I appreciate the timely responses and no high school DEP poolees, always a pain in the arse when you're looking for answers. Thank you Dave, and no I trust you because you're there, it's one of those friend of a friend deals where someone must be on the old syllabus in Meridian. I have much to think about but I still have about two months cause I am just starting IGS here in Pcola.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Back on the original topic with recent info...

Last week (26Feb) selections included 16 selectees. Out of those, there were 3 Navy jet slots and 2 Marines who got jets (doesn't seem to be the same slots-available with Marines, as we're short jet guys apparently -- seems to be a 'if you have the grades and want them' deal). Of those 16, 4 were Marines. 3 Navy folks got jets, while 2 got E2/C2s. Save for one P3 guy and another maritime(doesnt say which), the remaining 5 Squids and 2 Marines got Helos.

Oh, and to put the rumors to rest, API does not count toward your NSS, nor does Ground School, CPTs, or Fam0-4.

hope that helps guys

Demento

Old Salt
Fantasy Versus Reality

shoo24 said:
Kingsville is about 10 months or so. Heard Meridian is longer, esp if you go through the T-2 deal. 40 hours of solo time required in the 45 according to the MCG. You do lots of stuff, guns, ONAV, 2 and 3 ship ACM, TAC Form, 4 ship form, night form, CQ, etc etc. Supposed to have a bit over 300 FCLPs before you get done. Just some of the stuff.

For what it's worth:

It is supposed to take 349 calendar days. :) 45.1 training weeks, 50 calendar weeks.

If guys are getting done in 10 Months in K-ville, y'all are Humping it! That's a keen pace. Drink from the fire hose, hope you are doing well. :D

petescheu

Haha, yes the firehose is always the greatest of times. What would flight training be with out it?? VT-21 likes to get your right on through, they have no problem with the double pump, and I hear 22 isn't too far behind. I know of a kid here who did all of RIs in like 10 days or something close to that.... although I'm sure he'll get to sit around and wait for the rest of his class to catch up. Go figure. Good old hurry up and wait... gotta love it.

Demento

Old Salt
Don't bother crunching numbers

AviatorSMD said:
Okay, so 16 people selected in a week. Does this mean that a single Primary class completed primary that week AS A CLASS, or do these 16 people include a few from each Primary Squadron that ended up fininishing primary on their own that week?

Thanks

You can drive yourself crazy doing so. The number that is important is that, if you want to be a jet tail hooker, you will need to be in the top 1/3 of your class, or if E2 C2, in the top half. Just over one quarter of the SNA's will go jets, the others will do something else.

Jets are not for everybody, and not everybody is going to get jets.

Just work your arse off and hope for the best. That is how things have been going for . . . 30 or 40 years.

Worrying about it all is not worth the wasted effort.

Rainman

pilot
If you take a look fiscal year by fiscal year, it has always been between 30 percent and 38 % (going jets) for the past 5 years or so whether you were Marine, Navy or Air Force (VT3). Of course how the drops are for a given selection and who you select with and so on changes dramatically.

Recommend you study the throttle forward "hit the brakes and he'll fly right by" maneuver as illustrated in a certain Jerry Bruckheimer documentary of Naval Aviation.

Good Luck!

vballindaytona1

SNA MERIDIAN
there were 16 across the board last week, i was one of em selecting. 16 various people from corpus, whiting and vance. 3 got jets for navy, and definatly 1 that i know of for marines, there were probably more. The two from corpus had 65 and 78 nss's. All 3 got Meridian. If you go jets plan on waiting. 2 weeks ago the guy that got kingsville has a class up date of octoberish, and last weeks meridian guys have a classup of juneish. Just throwing this out there for those thinking about jets.

Status
Not open for further replies.