• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

odds of getting jets???

Status
Not open for further replies.

gringo

correct me if im wrong, but it seems that the navy is mostly jets. i am aware they also have a lot of turbo props and helos. but isnt the majority of the inventory jets? if this is true then why does it seem there are very few jet slots? just curiuos

Birdog8585

Milk and Honey
pilot
Contributor
There are alot more props and helos than jets. Jets just get all the glory and the TV time.

NFOwife

Aviator Spouse
Plus props/helos have two pilots per aircraft. A P-3 squadron has something like 35 pilots whereas an F-18 squadron only has 15ish.

beau

the navy is all jets!!!........at least run by Jet engines! Helos(Jet engines), TurboProp (jet engines)........ :)

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
so is it a jet engine then, or just a turbine engine? And since we don't use turbojets anymore, does that mean the navy has no jets? (only turbofans?) ... ok sorry this is irrelevant.

Fastball24

I'm in my last year of college with a business degree and just wanted to know if anyone could give me a heads up on what i should do to become a fighter pilot? Every bit of advice counts, thanks

beau

Go in knowing that there is a good chance you "will not" get what you want. :) Just keep a good atitude throughtout training and place yourself in a position to get what you want......and let the chips fall as they may. Speaking of which........I need to study!!!

futrbluangel

Work on that mile swim....I'm sure almost everybody on here has heard that that evolution is now graded and goes directly to your NSS score. I should be good to go as soon as I get out of H as I have remedial swim every day. I'm just worried I'll get Hornets at Lemoore. Man that would suck. I am really going to work my a$$ of in Meridian so I get to go where I want.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Oh my goodness...Hornets at Lemoore! Oh, the humanity!!!

Keep your eyes on the next step, not the next mile, otherwise you'll find yourself tripping and falling on your face.

TechGuru

If you were a trained for a prop aircraft, would it be possible to switch to a jet later on or are you stuck with what you were trained to fly in flight school? tnx

Status
Not open for further replies.