• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Odd article for the New York Times - UFOs

Random8145

Saw this pilot on Fox News in an interview and thought, "Okay, I will go to Air Warriors and see if they have anything to say..." Aside from the object itself, what about the acceleration of the object? He said he knows of no aircraft capable of such maneuvers...?

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Nobody here knows any specific details. What was the rate of acceleration? How was it measured?

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Saw this pilot on Fox News in an interview and thought, "Okay, I will go to Air Warriors and see if they have anything to say..." Aside from the object itself, what about the acceleration of the object? He said he knows of no aircraft capable of such maneuvers...?
He saw what he saw, and he has an opinion as to what it is. That's a data point, not Gospel truth. It's worth looking into, not believing uncritically. I realize that last is a foreign concept to too many people in 2017.
Carl Sagan said:
I have a foreboding of an America in my children's or grandchildren's time -- when the United States is a service and information economy; when nearly all the manufacturing industries have slipped away to other countries; when awesome technological powers are in the hands of a very few, and no one representing the public interest can even grasp the issues; when the people have lost the ability to set their own agendas or knowledgeably question those in authority; when, clutching our crystals and nervously consulting our horoscopes, our critical faculties in decline, unable to distinguish between what feels good and what's true, we slide, almost without noticing, back into superstition and darkness.

- The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark
And I'm not even an atheist, either.

GroundPounder

I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but my bet is that if the object exhibited acceleration or changes of course that were beyond what we have, that the video would not have ever been released. I imagine that someone is sitting around some office laughing ( or maybe cringing ) about how the Death Master X9R made the news.

Random8145

He saw what he saw, and he has an opinion as to what it is. That's a data point, not Gospel truth. It's worth looking into, not believing uncritically. I realize that last is a foreign concept to too many people in 2017.

And I'm not even an atheist, either.

I would be much more inclined to believe it is a human creation simply because the statistical likelihood of extraterrestrials is so nil. First there's the statistical likelihood of aliens with intelligence akin to humans, then the likelihood of them creating a civilization and advancing it technologically to being capable of interstellar travel, then their being able to find humans in this vast universe (which is near impossible). And then of course, if they don't want themselves to be known but are spying on us, why use a craft like that? I am sure they could make something much more inconspicuous.

Picaroon

Helos
pilot
You guys put a lot of faith in the Princeton and in the naked eye ID of stuff from high altitude that is very far away. I don't buy the radar tracks at all--I'd much sooner believe operator error and/or equipment issues than the Princeton's description of what they (and for some reason, they alone) had been seeing all week.

On FLIR at long range, that video could be anything. A fighter, an airliner, whatever.

NYT said:
Then, Commander Fravor looked down to the sea. It was calm that day, but the waves were breaking over something that was just below the surface. Whatever it was, it was big enough to cause the sea to churn.

Hovering 50 feet above the churn was an aircraft of some kind — whitish — that was around 40 feet long and oval in shape. The craft was jumping around erratically, staying over the wave disturbance but not moving in any specific direction, Commander Fravor said. The disturbance looked like frothy waves and foam, as if the water were boiling.

This is what a fishing boat at Tanner Bank looks like. If you were vectored to an air contact and didn't realize that there's a shoal right under the water in the middle of nowhere, you're not in the right mindset to identify it correctly, especially from altitude.

As for the rest, about it suddenly flying around, hard to say. But those were my immediate thoughts the first time I read that article.

jmcquate

Contributor
Thanks Brett. Kinda figured that. Just wondering if there might be a collaborating radar track.