• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

October-ish 2015 Pilot/NFO Rolling Board

CellShock

The rolling "October-ish" board already took place, even though it's September. This is evidenced by the previous comments stating Pro-rec Y/N since the 24th. Therefore, there is no time to apply to this rolling "October-ish" board. This was unexpected, for me at least, but that's besides the point. Anyway, the Y in Pro Rec Y stands for yes. Basically, you're professionally recommended by the board, and if everything checks out in your background, then the next intel you receive is an OCS date, I think. Please clarify if i'm wrong.

calmNcollect

The rolling "October-ish" board already took place, even though it's September. This is evidenced by the previous comments stating Pro-rec Y/N since the 24th. Therefore, there is no time to apply to this rolling "October-ish" board. This was unexpected, for me at least, but that's besides the point. Anyway, the Y in Pro Rec Y stands for yes. Basically, you're professionally recommended by the board, and if everything checks out in your background, then the next intel you receive is an OCS date, I think. Please clarify if i'm wrong.

Roger, thanks for the reply. Anyone know the next SNA/SNFO board? Also, if anyone wants AF info, let me know.

No one ever knows when the board will take place, it seems most of time eventually the recruiters will know a few weeks prior. John Is right about the professionally recomended, which is the 1st step of a 2 step selection process, in my opinion it is the biggest hurdle of the selection process.

exNavyOffRec

No one ever knows when the board will take place, it seems most of time eventually the recruiters will know a few weeks prior. John Is right about the professionally recomended, which is the 1st step of a 2 step selection process, in my opinion it is the biggest hurdle of the selection process.

It used to be more of a 2 step process, but some changes happened, before a person would submit their application, then after a pro Y (step 1), they would get a physical to get a PQ and have their investigation opened (step 2), then the FS would be ready to go. The change is that now you have to get a PQ before submitting, so really their is nothing for the candidate to do after a pro Y except verify they are waiting for their investigation to open.

Leon

Filthy No-Qual SWO
Roger, thanks for the reply. Anyone know the next SNA/SNFO board? Also, if anyone wants AF info, let me know.

There was some statistics that were on this thread:

Average Wait Time: just under 97 days (96.7)
Standard Deviation: 36.4 days
Sample Set: 9

There's no use in projecting a date - the deviation from that average is too big and there isn't enough data. But this just reinforces the idea that Big Navy holds a board when it wants to. We didn't even get a heads up for this board; we all thought it was going to be in late October/ early November. The only thing you can really do is put in your paperwork and join with the rest of us for the first of the two Great Waits.

Credits to @mb1685 for taking the time to find all that data.

MM1 SS/DV

I wonder if they had an impromptu board since there is a potential government shutdown looming. It probably forced their hand to pick up people now instead of waiting to see when the funding for the programs would come in. Just speculating over here. Anyways good luck to all of you who were selected, and to everyone else let's get our packages in ASAP.

calmNcollect

Does anyone have any rough estimates on the breakdowns of what airframes are available after completion of the initial phase of pilot training for the Navy. I read some where that 50% go to Helos, how accurate is that?

Also what is the current consensus of having your Private Pilot Certificate beforehand, does it help or hurt as far as getting selected for Pro Rec? For the Air Force, it is for sure a plus, but someone told me for the Navy, they prefer you to have no flight experience so you don't have any bad flying habits.

exNavyOffRec

I wonder if they had an impromptu board since there is a potential government shutdown looming. It probably forced their hand to pick up people now instead of waiting to see when the funding for the programs would come in. Just speculating over here. Anyways good luck to all of you who were selected, and to everyone else let's get our packages in ASAP.

nope, never has, the most it has affected NRC is once they told us not to drive the cars

exNavyOffRec

Does anyone have any rough estimates on the breakdowns of what airframes are available after completion of the initial phase of pilot training for the Navy. I read some where that 50% go to Helos, how accurate is that?

Also what is the current consensus of having your Private Pilot Certificate beforehand, does it help or hurt as far as getting selected for Pro Rec? For the Air Force, it is for sure a plus, but someone told me for the Navy, they prefer you to have no flight experience so you don't have any bad flying habits.

top right corner is a box labeled "search" it has the answers to questions that you ask..... that will then lead to more questions....

afsf11

To all the people close to aging out who were hit hard by the non-submission of their packets for this board, I have spoken to a USMC recruiter and they seem very interested and think I may be able to make their January OCS class (USMC has scheduled selections/classes as opposed to the USN) if I begin immediately. The USMC can reuse all your USN paperwork, however they require sending you to Pensacola for a flight physical as well.

Now it is time to spend the next few days doing as much research regarding the differences and seeing if USMC is a path that arouses me as much as USN....both likely beat being an engineer!

exNavyOffRec

To all the people close to aging out who were hit hard by the non-submission of their packets for this board, I have spoken to a USMC recruiter and they seem very interested and think I may be able to make their January OCS class (USMC has scheduled selections/classes as opposed to the USN) if I begin immediately. The USMC can reuse all your USN paperwork, however they require sending you to Pensacola for a flight physical as well.

Now it is time to spend the next few days doing as much research regarding the differences and seeing if USMC is a path that arouses me as much as USN....both likely beat being an engineer!

If you application is already in or about to go in with the USN just let go to board, you are under no obligation to tell the USMC you are leaving it in, the USMC weighs things different than the USN does and if you can't get all their items together or make it to Pensacola in time you would be out of luck again.

Your profile says you have already aged out, are you prior.

afsf11

If you application is already in or about to go in with the USN just let go to board, you are under no obligation to tell the USMC you are leaving it in, the USMC weighs things different than the USN does and if you can't get all their items together or make it to Pensacola in time you would be out of luck again.

I will update it, I will be 27 in June. The Marine OSO (Officer Recruiter) also specified USMC age limit is commission by 27.5 as opposed to 27 in the USN. My application has been done for months and like many others am just stuck waiting for Oct. 1st submission date. I have told the OSO about my USN application and he did not seem bothered by it, as apparently services 'steal' candidates from each other regularly.

nnneyugn

PRO REC Y: 9/28/2015
any priors have word on their packet approval? I talked to my OR on Friday and he said there was nothing in his email about my results for this board. Hopefully tomorrow he would get word.

RoamingBiologist

Flying out deep into the wilderness.

Seeing that my birthday is April would you recommend I leave my packet in (turn 27)? Recruiter informed me that my packet was submitted 2 days ago, but doesn't answer any of my questions regarding the the next boards, nor did he know of these past boards. I'm meeting with the OSO soon, but a little advice about leaving my packet in would be much appreciated. I'm inclined to leave it in, but I wanna know if I have a decent chance of at least knowing I gave it my best shot for applying for SNA/NFO and was not crossed out because of age. Believe me, I try to discuss with my recruiter as often as questions arise but there are relatively few answers he can supply. Information is the best thing I can equip myself with given the current situation and that of others in a similar dilemma.

Thanks Airwarriors Community!