• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

October-ish 2015 Pilot/NFO Rolling Board

RoamingBiologist

Flying out deep into the wilderness.
The biggest issue in trying to get anything done with USMC fast for those age critical is that the USMC would still need to send you to Pensacola for their physical and all the other hoops.

I would ask when the next board is to see if it is even possible.

I am just gonna see what the OSO says, and whether or not I am even in time for their boards. I just don't have confidence that my OR really took it seriously and basically several weeks of trying to schedule a meeting to finally get one and know I missed the boards because we couldn't meet several weeks ago even though everything was ready to go and be signed... I am not giving up, but I'd like to know if I hold out for the November boards my packet is ACTUALLY there. I am calling my recruiter tomorrow to confirm for sure I missed it, but likelihood is I did.

Tobe

I am just gonna see what the OSO says, and whether or not I am even in time for their boards. I just don't have confidence that my OR really took it seriously and basically several weeks of trying to schedule a meeting to finally get one and know I missed the boards because we couldn't meet several weeks ago even though everything was ready to go and be signed... I am not giving up, but I'd like to know if I hold out for the November boards my packet is ACTUALLY there. I am calling my recruiter tomorrow to confirm for sure I missed it, but likelihood is I did.

The next board for OCC 221 is in November for a class that begins January 1st. The USMC will fly you to Pensacola as mentioned above. It took 3 weeks for my flight phys to be approved. You need 5 PIQs/LORs. Send me a message if you have any questions I've completed the whole process.

RoamingBiologist

Flying out deep into the wilderness.
The next board for OCC 221 is in November for a class that begins January 1st. The USMC will fly you to Pensacola as mentioned above. It took 3 weeks for my flight phys to be approved. You need 5 PIQs/LORs. Send me a message if you have any questions I've completed the whole process.
Thanks, I am gonna take this weekend to collect my thoughts and make a plan of action in regards to getting everything set. Tomorrow I am calling my OR, and then the OSO has emailed me saying he would call me tomorrow afternoon. I will message you for sure once I get a clear picture of my options.

JUST DO IT!

nnneyugn

PRO REC Y: 9/28/2015
well damn, couldn't sleep and decided to do a little reading. Now its 3 AM and this thread has me too hyped and blood flowing to even think about laying down. If I can recall correctly, my OR said my packet was in when I contacted him last week. Guess I have to wait till 9 AM to call and see if he got word of my application.

Congrats to everyone. Currently extra jealous atm.

Chill314

Hey All. Long time reader finally able to hop on this thread. Got the call yesterday with a pro rec Y for SNA. Really excited to get into the next stage of waiting with you guys (and gals)!

How good do my volleyball skills need to be? Is that covered in pre flight?

Derek O

Hey All. Long time reader finally able to hop on this thread. Got the call yesterday with a pro rec Y for SNA. Really excited to get into the next stage of waiting with you guys (and gals)!

How good do my volleyball skills need to be? Is that covered in pre flight?

Well it's not that simple. Most people don't realize it's not just playing volleyball, it's playing volleyball in tight jeans. That really changes things.

Chill314

Well it's not that simple. Most people don't realize it's not just playing volleyball, it's playing volleyball in tight jeans. That really changes things.

Fair point. Though I've heard jean shorts help with mobility, so maybe that is an option.

The-Gang-Gets-Extreme-Home-Makeover-its-always-sunny-in-philadelphia-2898159-413-310.jpg

Just got the call, PRO-REC Y for NFO! Seems to be a bit of confusion regarding my pilot application, and it doesn't help that my recruiter's last day was today. But still proud to have gotten the call and to be moving on to naval aviation. Good luck to all waiting and congrats to those who got the good word.

calmNcollect

Hey, been focusing on Air Force UPT Boards so I'm not super familiar with Navy procedures, but wanted to give their boards a shot as well for SNA/SNFO. Is there still time to apply to this "rolling" October board, given I have not taken the ASTB-E nor spoken to a recruiter, although I am trying to get a hold of one as we speak. Also, would appreciate if anyone can tell me what the "Y" meant in Pro Rec Y?