• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

October-ish 2015 Pilot/NFO Rolling Board

FireFor3ffect

I can get ~280 PFT today and might have to consider this as well, will look into it this weekend...any thoughts/gouge you have found in regards to pursuing this? Differences with USN aviation etc?

Whoops deleted my post by accident.

I haven't looked too hard at the Marines just yet because I honestly put all my apples in the Navy basket. From what I have seen the selection criteria are very similar to the Navy with the exception that a 275+ is a common denominator among selectees.

Acronyms become more fun in the Marines apparently. OR becomes OSO - officer selection officer. This is your first point of contact and he/she will have you sign some paperwork to pull your records over from the Navy to save time.

john90

Pro Rec Y for SNA and NFO! My second time at OCS should be the charm. Also if any of you have questions about OCS I can give you some perspective from a guy that was there for 19 weeks. Good luck to everyone else waiting to hear back!

SharkBait

Prorec-N SNA, I got picked up for SWO last board. A little disappointed since I'm an air traffic controller and wanted to stay air side but I'm sure as heck not going to turn down a commission!

afsf11

For the non-priors who got selected when did you send in your applications? My NRD has been holding apps until October 1st for at least 3-4+ months, was this not the case for you guys?

@NavyOffRec @RUFiO181 is there a chance for a quick followup board in say October even due to low numbers of applicants for this one due to the NRDs not submitting apps? What is your experience with this? Or do they generally continue on ~3 month cycles.

mb1685

For the non-priors who got selected when did you send in your applications? My NRD has been holding apps until October 1st for at least 3-4+ months, was this not the case for you guys?

@NavyOffRec @RUFiO181 is there a chance for a quick followup board in say October even due to low numbers of applicants for this one due to the NRDs not submitting apps? What is your experience with this? Or do they generally continue on ~3 month cycles.

My understanding is that rolling boards meet whenever NRC feels they have enough packages submitted for one. 90-120 days is the rule of thumb, but they can happen sooner than that if enough packages have been submitted. Check out my post on the last page where I tallied up the time periods between rolling boards for the past few years. I'm really hoping that the fact a lot of NRDs have been holding applications will mean that there will be enough submitted after 1 Oct to result in the next board happening fairly soon. It seems plausible to me.

cito

Mine was sent in mid-June

RoamingBiologist

Flying out deep into the wilderness.
My two cents since you are age critical is to talk to a Marine Corps recruiter and see if they can get you in for the next possible board. My understanding is that they are in need of pilots as well. Their cutoff is also 27 , but they may have a board coming up which can better fit your timeline.

The training pipelines are very similar. I cannot speak to fleet differences, however, I have heard many enlisted Marines speak very highly of their pilots.

If you take the above advice start the Armstrong pull-up program and begin running twice a day.

Would that reflect poorly on my application for the Navy if I were to also begin the process of getting a commission with the Marine Corps? I kind of put all my eggs in one basket, as I made becoming a Naval Officer my desire. I have NO PROBLEM becoming an Officer in the Marine Corps, and it would be for Pilot and/or NFO. I kind of heard that puts red flags on one's packet if I start applying to different branches. Either way, I shot an email to the OSO let see what he/she says.