• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

October-ish 2015 Pilot/NFO Rolling Board

mb1685

applications have already been submitted for many people, some NRD's are just playing the numbers game, that will bite them in the ass eventually, especially if they cap the number being sent to board.

Don't scare me, I stressed for ages about getting a competitive ASTB score and somehow managed to get 9's on the AQR and PFAR, so now I'm feeling fairly confident. But this is my only shot at SNA due to age, and if I don't even get to submit, I'm gonna go crazy. :D

FireFor3ffect

Don't scare me, I stressed for ages about getting a competitive ASTB score and somehow managed to get 9's on the AQR and PFAR, so now I'm feeling fairly confident. But this is my only shot at SNA due to age, and if I don't even get to submit, I'm gonna go crazy. :D

Right there with ya. I'll age out for SNA if I'm not picked up this board. I spoke with my recruiter a couple of weeks back after my package was cleared through N3M and he told me that our NRD was going to hold it back until Oct 1st because of the quota. I appreciate that he was honest and I'm fine with it but if I miss the board due to this he and I are going to have a discussion about the proper use of curse words and examples will be provided.

mb1685

Right there with ya. I'll age out for SNA if I'm not picked up this board though I'll still keep trying for NFO. I spoke with my recruiter a couple of weeks back after my package was cleared through N3M and he told me that our NRD was going to hold it back until Oct 1st because of the quota. I appreciate that he was honest and I'm fine with it but if I miss the board due to this he and I are going to have a discussion about the proper use of curse words and examples will be provided.

Yep, same with mine. If the board is announced and the submission deadline somehow is close to Oct 1st or before (or even a couple of days after), I may have to do some begging to see if he can disregard the quota and submit mine before. But since it still hasn't been announced, I'm betting the deadline will be well after Oct 1st, so I'll try not to worry too much. But again, because I need to commission by early April, I also don't want the board to be too much further off. Mid to late October really looks like the sweet spot.

FireFor3ffect

Yep, same with mine. If the board is announced and the submission deadline somehow is close to Oct 1st or before (or even a couple of days after), I may have to do some begging to see if he can disregard the quota and submit mine before. But since it still hasn't been announced, I'm betting the deadline will be well after Oct 1st, so I'll try not to worry too much. But again, because I need to commission by early April, I also don't want the board to be too much further off. Mid to late October really looks like the sweet spot.

I was hoping that it would be early October as well. That way, if I'm not picked up, I might be able to re-test and kill the ASTB so I can resubmit for an early 2016 board. I've got til June to commission.

At this rate I may not even be PQ'd anymore because the anticipation is *literally* killing me. :D

mb1685

I also have my first child due on my birthday (crazily enough), and I'd sure like to welcome him/her into the world as a newly commissioned Ensign with housing costs covered and great health insurance for the family instead of a struggling civilian. :D

Jenlm

I was really hoping to know for my bday in October but it's not looking like we're gonna make it :(

Waiting waiting waiting....

FireFor3ffect

I also have my first child due on my birthday (crazily enough), and I'd sure like to welcome him/her into the world as a newly commissioned Ensign with housing costs covered and great health insurance for the family instead of a struggling civilian. :D

Congrats on having a kid! Best of luck on the board too. Hopefully I'll see you in Newport!

mb1685

I was really hoping to know for my bday in October but it's not looking like we're gonna make it :(

Waiting waiting waiting....

I get to go on a paid company trip to Las Vegas during the second week of October (for the second time!). Earlier this month, I was hoping the results would be out by then so I'd have a good opportunity to either celebrate or drown my sorrows! ;)

ehoney

Not in Kansas anymore
SNA Applicant
ASTB: 64 8/8/8
College Major: Aviation
GPA: 3.2
flight experience: 220 hours TT, Commercial AMEL, Instrument rated

I've been working for Cessna Aircraft since I graduated Saint Louis University in a non flying role. What do you think my chances are?

Last edited:

afsf1

I was hoping that it would be early October as well. That way, if I'm not picked up, I might be able to re-test and kill the ASTB so I can resubmit for an early 2016 board. I've got til June to commission.

At this rate I may not even be PQ'd anymore because the anticipation is *literally* killing me. :D

Hah, same situation here. It's never too late to keep trying....until you are 27 : P