• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

October-ish 2015 Pilot/NFO Rolling Board

Checking in for this board.

My kit is with the processor who has to wait until October 1st to send it in. Anyone else in that position? NavyOffRec and Rufio, is this normal?

andre lane

PILOT1906
Checking in for this board.

My kit is with the processor who has to wait until October 1st to send it in. Anyone else in that position? NavyOffRec and Rufio, is this normal?

Wait what??? Who told you this? and what reason did they give you for your KIT being that delayed for a full month

Crqpilot

I'm kind of in this position.
My professor isn't back for a week. And my recruiter said that as long as he does have any reason to send the package back to us (missing paperwork or otherwise) that it should be uploaded and board ready October 1.
Is this the same thing? Or is mine due to the time it takes to process it?

@andre lane - My recruiter told me when I asked why it had to wait until Oct 1 to be sent to board. He said something about it being due to the change of fiscal year at that point.

@Crqpilot - Sounds like the same thing. Just waiting to be uploaded (barring any missing items or mistakes that could cause it to get sent back by the processor).

exNavyOffRec

@andre lane - My recruiter told me when I asked why it had to wait until Oct 1 to be sent to board. He said something about it being due to the change of fiscal year at that point.

@Crqpilot - Sounds like the same thing. Just waiting to be uploaded (barring any missing items or mistakes that could cause it to get sent back by the processor).

It sounds like they already met their application goal and just want to wait to have you notch by their name for next year, especially since they have already had boards for FY 16.

On the bright side for you the stats you have posted are excellent, you should have a very high chance of being selected.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Most if not all NRDs have met their application submission goal for Pilot, NFO, and SWO for FY15. FY16 starts Oct 1st so besides waiting a few weeks I wouldn't sweat missing the upcoming board, whenever it may be.

Last edited:

Derek O

Checking in for this board! Super excited, but if all else fails, I already have my enlisted contract for AV/AT...

How many boards have you applied to? Stick with it!! I have been an AWV/AT for seven years, and have met many officers who took 2-4 attempts to get selected. Apply as many times as you need. I'd hate to see you rush to enlist and regret it. Best of luck!

SharkBait

Checking in for this board! Super excited, but if all else fails, I already have my enlisted contract for AV/AT...
I'm also active duty and concur dont rush into enlisting unless your only other option is being homeless. Once you enlist you are looking at a couple of years before you can apply again, if not longer. What are your scores like?

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
How many boards have you applied to? Stick with it!! I have been an AWV/AT for seven years, and have met many officers who took 2-4 attempts to get selected. Apply as many times as you need. I'd hate to see you rush to enlist and regret it. Best of luck!

Applicants can "double dip" nowadays, meaning they can join the Delayed Entry Program and apply for OCS at the same time. Their ship date is moved to the right until board results come out.

exNavyOffRec

Applicants can "double dip" nowadays, meaning they can join the Delayed Entry Program and apply for OCS at the same time. Their ship date is moved to the right until board results come out.

I heard for a while some NRD's had an issue with this, at the time my NRD went by what was best for the applicant, pretty good time.