• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

October 2021 CEC Board

sethstonge

I applied to the CEC Collegiate Program and I am eagerly awaiting the results. Curious if there are any others. Please let me know if y'all hear anything and good luck to all!

CJF

Contributor
I have been trying to post to this thread for a little over a week but for some reason was not being given the option to post.
I got a call from my OR on Monday, Dec 13th and was told that I have been selected! Looking forward to finding out what my class date is soon.
Anyone else hear back from the board?

melina27

Yes! I heard back last week and I got selected too! My OCS date is March 6! My OR gave me the memorandum from the CEC board. It lists OCS dates there.

CJF

Contributor
Yes! I heard back last week and I got selected too! My OCS date is March 6! My OR gave me the memorandum from the CEC board. It lists OCS dates there.
Congratulations!!!
Would you be willing to post that memorandum to this thread?

Jameslrdnr

I got selected as well! Heard back last week. Also had the same issue with posting so it wasn’t just you. I’m collegiate so I’ll be heading out summer/early fall of 2023. See y’all in the fleet!

Reactions: CJF

sethstonge

I was selected for the Collegiate program as well! Got the word mid-Dec. I will be graduating Dec 2023 so the focus is school for now.

Question: Does anyone know if they are requiring the vaccine for the Collegiate Program? I'm curious if they are requiring it now as students or once we graduate.

Dwhite1017

I was selected for the Collegiate program as well! Got the word mid-Dec. I will be graduating Dec 2023 so the focus is school for now.

Question: Does anyone know if they are requiring the vaccine for the Collegiate Program? I'm curious if they are requiring it now as students or once we graduate.
Hey, I got selected last October as a collegiate. I graduate May 2022.

The vaccine isn’t required per se. I already have it but no one has asked for proof or anything. My recruiting district has monthly Zoom meetings and they’ve basically told us to bring our proof of vaccination to OCS.

I imagine if you get to OCS w/o the vaccine, they’ll give it to you there.

Jameslrdnr

Just wanted to drop a line in and see if yall have heard from the navy yet? My recruiter said they were having some administrative stuff that was slowing them down but at this point I'm getting anxious. Anyone have any similar experiences?

CJF

Contributor
Just wanted to drop a line in and see if yall have heard from the navy yet? My recruiter said they were having some administrative stuff that was slowing them down but at this point I'm getting anxious. Anyone have any similar experiences?
Do you mean heard back in terms of getting your Finsel? I haven’t gotten mine yet either and was thinking of texting my recruiter.

Jameslrdnr

Do you mean heard back in terms of getting your Finsel? I haven’t gotten mine yet either and was thinking of texting my recruiter.
yes, or really just anything in general. I have not been contacted for over a month after initially hearing I was selected. I was just hoping that it would process a little faster I guess :(

melina27

I talked with my recruiter last week and she said the FINSEL was coming in the mail and not to worry about it! She had me go through enlistment paperwork to get ready for shipping out to OCS too. Once that paperwork is finalized, I'll be enlisted and can swear in and just wait for my OCS date. Hope this helps!

exNavyOffRec

I talked with my recruiter last week and she said the FINSEL was coming in the mail and not to worry about it! She had me go through enlistment paperwork to get ready for shipping out to OCS too. Once that paperwork is finalized, I'll be enlisted and can swear in and just wait for my OCS date. Hope this helps!
That is one of the dumbest things I have heard a recruiter say.

They don't get sent through the mail, unless your recruiter is going to download, print, put in envelope and mail to you. If that is the case someone should explain how email works to her.

melina27

That is one of the dumbest things I have heard a recruiter say.

They don't get sent through the mail, unless your recruiter is going to download, print, put in envelope and mail to you. If that is the case someone should explain how email works to her.
It was probably a misinterpretation on my part not hers. Regardless, she said it was coming.