• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

October 09 Boards

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Guess it doesn't matter my 2nd and 3rd choice were a no go because my OR just called at 11:15 pm to tell me I am pro-rec'd IW!!! Unbelievable!!!!

Congrats! Didn't PSW serve as one of your interviewing officers?

Scruff

None
Contributor
Gotta give us more information than "that you heard a rumor". Who what when? I'm definitely gonna be pissed if this is true.

blarged

ready
Gotta give us more information than "that you heard a rumor". Who what when? I'm definitely gonna be pissed if this is true.

Its true ... they won't meet for at least another month.

(in the eyes of an applicant a month is a "real long time" to wait)

Scruff

None
Contributor
ok, yeah a month isn't that bad. I was thinking we'd be in the same boat as the Marines with none for a year or so.

cpwhit1

Final Select SNFO 07 March 2010
hey everyone, i heard a rumor today that after the OCTOBER 09 Board, that the Navy will not be accepting anymore SNA/NFO applicants for a LONG TIME, can any clear this up and re-assure me that isnt that case, haha

thanks guys!

From what my OR told me, the deal is that they'll have a November board and then a January board but then no more for a "while". I asked why and he said something about how they're bringing in enough guys during the next couple of months to make sure that the future OCS classes are full. Probably doesn't help much but that's just what I was told. Good luck to those still waiting!

bedwellm

PRO-REC'D SNA AND SWO!!!
ok, yeah a month isn't that bad. I was thinking we'd be in the same boat as the Marines with none for a year or so.

A month isn't "THAT" bad...it's not knowing when/if they're going to come out at all. I'm hearing that the STA-21 results that are NAVADMIN'd to come out in OCT still aren't out yet...I can only imagine what's the deal with OCS results for us priors...

CalamityJean

I know which way the wind shines!
Congrats! Didn't PSW serve as one of your interviewing officers?

Yes she did! She went above and beyond just being helpful and got me a 2nd interview with another LCDR. I would not ever cross that woman though, she is tough.

Junkball

"I believe in ammunition"
pilot
My OR emailed me today, mentioning a JAN 3 OCS class-up, and that my FS letter is in the system and just awaiting signature... recruitment is like wait, wait, wait, BAM OCS! I'm pumped!

hey everyone, i heard a rumor today that after the OCTOBER 09 Board, that the Navy will not be accepting anymore SNA/NFO applicants for a LONG TIME, can any clear this up and re-assure me that isnt that case, haha

thanks guys!

Doubtful. The Navy always needs warm bodies. Don't put stock in every rumor that floats your way.

bedwellm

PRO-REC'D SNA AND SWO!!!
jdhvb
I wouldn't believe everything that you've heard or you're going to drive yourself nuts. The best way to go about this such of "rumint" (rumor + intelligence) is to wait for the OFFICIAL word to come out and see what happens from there. Prime example, the STA-21 board results are suppose to be out in Oct via NAVADMIN regulations...still no record message and the "rumor" is that an admiral is on leave and hasn't signed the message for release. Take it for what it's worth, the message is still not out and there's no proof that some admiral is on leave... I mean really, are they going to hold up something like this because of something as unbelievable as that??? ;) Well, that's the rumor anyways :disguise_

bedwellm

PRO-REC'D SNA AND SWO!!!
Well the wait if finally over!!!

So I called a local NRD and found out that I'm not in their system because I'm prior enlisted. Then there was a glimmer of hope, they had a "email/message" that was sent to their local OR's and asked for my name....
icon_confused.gif
They were not able to look up my stats in OTools because I didn't belong to their NRD.
icon_rolleyes.gif
Then she said, "Hold on one second, I have another idea..." She comes back on the phone and asked for my name again and said that she was looking at the message that was sent out to the ORs and told me I was NON-Select for IW...my third choice. As for SNA and SWO - PRO-SELECTED FOR BOTH!!!!
icon_eek.gif
Now just for the official notice from Mr Elam and I'm on my way!!! WHAT A WAY TO START A FRIDAY!!!! WOOOOOTTTTTT!!!!!!!:D

bedwellm

PRO-REC'D SNA AND SWO!!!
Thanks you both Nighthawk and Jharris. Yeah my epic wait is now over...now to find out when that final select letter will arrive LOL;)