• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

October 09 Boards

zildjian1787

sorry about the delayed answer man, but yeah im from Atlanta and my CWO is Officer Tabb. He called me on friday with the good news...hope you get some good news to man. best of luck

mtsupilot09

"We lookin fo you. We gon find you!"
Just got word from NRD Nashville. I got picked up for NFO. Applied SNA/SNFO, and I could not be happier! I graduate this December, and according to the NRD, I should go to OCS in January or February. I started this process in June of 2008. Stats:

6/7/6 56 astb
2.97 gpa
every medical waiver under the sun
1 lor from former Lt. Cmdr. 3 from employers.

I'm beside myself right now. It's starting to sink in that I am going to be a naval aviator.

killerbandaid

Got word from my OR that I'd been selected for SNA and NFO on the October board. My getting picked up should be a paradigm of hope for every applicant out there. Here's a brief overview of my stats:

BS in Information Technology/Software Engineering from University of Phoenix-Online Program GPA was 3.49 but grades from two previous traditional universities brought this down.

ASTB 6/6/5 52

LOR's from O-5 OIC of my MEDEVAC detachment, a CW-4 pilot, and a high school teacher

Prior service in Army National Guard. I've been in 8 years with 5 on active duty. I had a deployment to Iraq as a medic in the Infantry. Now on active duty as a flight medic.

I spent all of 2007 applying for the active duty Army Warrant Officer Flight program. The packet was boarded twice and rejected both times. Between that and the Navy OCS process I had to obtain no less than four conditional releases from the Army.

Like every other person selected, I couldn't be happier. It's the ultimate validation and payoff of a lot of hard work.

yakboyslim

None
Just got word two days ago that I was pro-rec'd for NFO.

ASTB 8-9-8 68

3.0 GPA at CWRU

3 LOR, 1 from a Marine, 1 professor and 1 high school guidance counselor

Could not be happier in any way. Always wanted to fly, never thought it would happen.

Now to just pass my PRT so I can get on with it.

Rev

pilot
Wow, great scores SoCal.

Looks like I was not in fact in for the October boards though I'm not sure how that's possible. Something to do with my security clearance form I gather. Hopefully it'll all be done for November. Congrats again to everyone who got picked up this time around.

cpwhit1

Final Select SNFO 07 March 2010
Anyone from Boise up for the Sept/Oct boards on here? I haven't been able to get a hold of my OR (office or cell) or NRD Portland for a couple days now (excluding the weekend). Just curious.

Stevenmhk

Hello all,

This is my first post on this site.

I got a call this morning from my OR with unbelievable news... Pro Rec SNA!!!!

I started researching back in January and submitted my package for the October board.

My stats:

25, Male
ASTB: 6/7/6 51 on the second try (5/6/5 48 the first time)
GPA: 3.1 in Psychology from Cal Poly,SLO
LORS: Rear Admiral (O-8), close personal friend, current employer, former internship advisor, college professor, and flight instuctor.
No prior service
No police record
33 hours in a PA-28-181
Baseball growing up, in high school and beginning of college. Scholorship awarded my senior year.
Previous medical history included Hodgkin's Lymphoma (cancer of the lymph system)

My stats were not that spectacular, there are plenty of people on here with better scores. I just worked really hard in my motivational statement to address any potential negatives, such as my cancer history and lack of community service, and turn them into positives.

Congrats to everyone else receiving good news! And keep pressing for those that don't.

This feeling is unexplainable! I still can't believe it...

cpwhit1

Final Select SNFO 07 March 2010
Congrats to everyone. Just found out I got NFO and SWO!!

This was my second time around and went for SNA/NFO/SWO. Here's my stats.

BS Mathematics from BSU....2.7 GPA (I know it's low).

6/7/7/52 ASTB

Fraternity President, Student Senate, 130+ comm service hours.

LORs: CO of P3 Squadron, Navy LT, Boise Ex-Police Chief (Currently on Boise City Council).

I've been going at this since last January and it's definitely been worth it!

Pro Rec'd SNA

Just got the call
NRD Raleigh
Submitted 23 SEP
7/8/7 58
Master's, Private Pilot, all that jazz...

Congratulations everyone and good luck. Christmas came early this year, I'm going to go scream now.

bedwellm

PRO-REC'D SNA AND SWO!!!
Pro Rec'd SNA

Just got the call
NRD Raleigh
Submitted 23 SEP
7/8/7 58
Master's, Private Pilot, all that jazz...

Congratulations everyone and good luck. Christmas came early this year, I'm going to go scream now.

CONGRATS!!!! I hope I get this "call" soon LOL

hotwings

first post going to be my best!!!!!!

I couldn't take it anymore knowing from aw that the oct board results were out, and i called my OR and found out pro rec'd SNA

packet was in aug 27

6 6 7 OAR 52 (first time)

3.0 BA history CSUF 3.9 MAT (masters of Art in Teaching) Chapman University

non-prior, no flight experience

LOR principal I substitute teach for, prof., mayor, and a couple more co-workers

I'm so excited I knew I had a chance but i was uneasy with my scores..... it feels unreal right now, everyone waiting or resubmitting good luck

bedwellm

PRO-REC'D SNA AND SWO!!!
Man, I should have found an OR instead of doing a "prior" package LOL. All of the non-priors seem to get the answer even though I'm on a shore command and can review message traffic. I'm beginning to wonder how the OR's are getting these answers when my own Executive Officer of the command couldn't even get these results LOL...what a day....:eek: